·
Administrator
12,027 Posts
Are these printed or oem clips?

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
1,270 Posts
I had to get...aggressive with mine to get them back in, which actually involved hitting the corners to get them to seat.. Dont be afraid to ruff it up.

Reactions: Luke D

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
I don't remember having a problem, but if you are swinging it down like it is hinged from above, it is possible the clips are not entering the holes. Shuffle the cover up and down when it is almost in position and see if that is it. You may have to ensure that all 4 are actually in their holes and then give it a bang to get it in

·
Administrator
12,027 Posts
Try a shot of Blaster Dry Teflon lube. Won't be messy or attract dirt with a film.

·
Registered
134 Posts
OP

If none of them clip in them unscrew each of them a full turn. Try to close the panel again with pressure.

Ive removed the panel many times now and usually keep a small stash of the clips handy for a small trial and error. Usually 1 turn out works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige Solar Yellow
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OP

If none of them clip in them unscrew each of them a full turn. Try to close the panel again with pressure.

Ive removed the panel many times now and usually keep a small stash of the clips handy for a small trial and error. Usually 1 turn out works great.

OP

It worked! Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts