The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that can reflash/reset an airbag ECU for me? My 05 has had the airbag light on since I upgraded the radio a few years ago and it's driving me nuts. I bought and airbag ECU from a participating company that said it was clean however when I installed the new ecu the light came back on after about 10 seconds. I was then told I needed to drain the airbag capacitors before I turn the power back on. Anyway now I am stuck with two ECU's with the lights on. The closest dealer is at least a 6 hour drive from me so I was looking for someone I could send the ECU to for a reflash.

Thanks,
Brian

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
guessing you could just go to Pep Boys and just have them reset the ECU/code.

the light came on only after installing a new radio? weird...

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I've got a Cup 260 that came with 4-point seat belts. I complained to the dealer that since my car came without airbags, that that light should not be on constantly. They said there is an ECU flash to take care of that...I have not done this yet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You install it where the connector of the seatbelt goes. If is functional I don't but I dont get to see the light.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After you installed the resistor did the dealer reset your Airbag ECU or did it go off by itself? I heard that was the only way to get the light off.
You also mentioned in your other post the resistor is on the seat belt wire?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
240 Posts
the wire that is at the firewall right behind the seats (one on the left and another one on the right). and you dont have to take it to the dealer it goes off by itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts