The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I just recently purchased an 07 Exige S and love that car so far but since I purchased its had an airbag light on the whole time. I purchased the op com ebay airbag reader and managed to get the drivers installed and working with the ECU.

The fault comes up as Airbag Fault 31 Driver Airbag Squib Circuit High Resistance. When I try to clear it, it wont go away. I've read that this could be due to a bad clock spring? The car only has 21k miles on it. Any way the connector could just be loose?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Seeing the light lit up on the dash is very annoying.

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Air bag comes off pretty easily. Remove the two bolt and pull from wheel. Look at plug going into back of see if it looks melted. Also look down inside column to see if wires pulled lose from clock spring. If all looks good then very well could be bad clock spring. If someone had rack out of car and installed with wheel turned to far one way. Next time a full turn of wheel is done clock spring breaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts