The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Yesterday I removed my passenger seat and seat belt. Now I have an airbag light. Does that mean that the passenger airbag won't deploy in case of a crash or both airbags ?

Thank you.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I'm not sure. If you do a little searching around, there are threads here on how to bypass/get rid of that light. You will have to look as I do not know where off hand.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If the light is on, the system is disabled. Nothing works.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Btw, I meant you can bypass the seatbelt sensor, not the light itself.

Since there is no passenger on/off, the air bags are probably paired together. They both go off, not just one, so both air bags would be disabled.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, I'll bypass the sensor.

Hopefully the light will turn off.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Btw, I meant you can bypass the seatbelt sensor, not the light itself.
Thank you guys, I'll bypass the sensor.

Hopefully the light will turn off.
You're not actually bypassing the seat belt sensor on the passenger side as there is none (otherwise there would be a seat belt tell tale on the dash every time you drove alone without the passenger side belt clicked in).

You're going to need to bypass the SRS system that is looking for the seat belt pre-tensioner. 2.2 ohm resistor. Here's Wayne's how to: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/v-bar-harness-install-pics-54470/

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Yup, that's what my link eventually goes to. I figured I would show him how I found it. ;) I just didn't know what it was called, but I've seen the thread pop up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick update, I bought some resistors (2.2 Ohm) and fitted one in the plug. Solved the light immediately.

Thank you!

If some people want a free resistor, I can send one if you pay postage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts