The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Orange
164 Posts
My advice, don't mess with scantools, especially concerning airbags, go to a dealer with an official Lotus scantool and get it fix, works for my airbaglight, it is out and stays out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let me make an update on this thread

- first op-com work on elise as airbag ecu is a standard gm ecu. Personally tested , if you search other user report same success. Select vauxhall astra from 2004 to connect ecu. Tool also Give you live data about voltage of each component so would be easy to test for defect parts. To Help the airbag squib is same from Opel corsa b . Just look in ebay for "corsa b airbag squib"

- evora should not have the gm ecu but different One . Anyway i''m not sure in this .. If someone can post a pic with the model bumper of the ecu i can try to understand if there possibility it works

·
Registered
604 Posts
Let me make an update on this thread

- first op-com work on elise as airbag ecu is a standard gm ecu. Personally tested , if you search other user report same success. Select vauxhall astra from 2004 to connect ecu. Tool also Give you live data about voltage of each component so would be easy to test for defect parts. To Help the airbag squib is same from Opel corsa b . Just look in ebay for "corsa b airbag squib"

- evora should not have the gm ecu but different One . Anyway i''m not sure in this .. If someone can post a pic with the model bumper of the ecu i can try to understand if there possibility it works

Any idea where this is on the evora? My car is apart right now, so I can probably check

·
Registered
197 Posts
My passenger airbag light went on and off for a few days and then stayed on. I took it over to AutoEurope, where they took off the dash and cleaned the contacts. Light was off for a few more days and now is back on. AE wants to replace the wiring harness ($$$), hopefully without having to replace the bag as well ($$$$$). Any thoughts, suggestions?

·
Registered
800 Posts
my dealer wants 169 dollars to clear the airbag code which is one hour of labor. Is this the normal rate for something that take less than a couple minutes to do.

all because the battery went low voltage:(
If you go this route, could I convince you to put a CAN bus logger on you car in order to record the reset packet? This is a rather shady recommendation, but it would enable easy subsequent reset of the light.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts