The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alarm siren has become so weak, my dog couldn't hear it, the fact that she's deaf notwithstanding. I've searched the LotusTalk Forums, looked in the owners manual, the parts manual and the Lotus Service Notes. Apparently, Lotus recommends replacing the alarm system battery once a year. The Service Notes mention that the siren is self powered and that accessing the siren requires removing the clamshell. The Parts Manual identifies the siren without mentioning a replaceable battery. Can anyone tell where the battery is located and if the replacement battery can be purchased anywhere but at a dealer? I'd rather not pull the clamshell to find out that the battery is attached to some other component. Any advice/information/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The alarm battery that needs replacing "yearly" is the battery in the fob, not the car.

The alarm system in the car is powered by the car's battery. It has an internal backup battery to sound the alarm in the event that someone tries to disable the alarm by disconnecting the car's battery. There is no separate "user-replaceable" or maintenance replaceable battery in the car's alarm system - only in the fob.

If the alarm is not as loud as it used to be, there is some other problem. Dirt, leaves, a critter's nest, etc. or you've just gotten used to it. The siren may be failing if it's really bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't driven the car much recently and had to charge the battery last week. Perhaps, once the battery is at full charge the siren will be louder, ... or not!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts