The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understandthat this was covered by a recall at one time. Anyone know if it still is and if not, how expensive is the fix? I live in Southern California and it doesn't rain too much, but waking up at 2 AM to the alarm is annoying the neighbors.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry I dont have any useful input, but I find this kinda funny.. never heard of this issue.

Sounds like a perfect example of british engineering. Lotus problems lol.

What do your neighbors say? 'Alarm goes off in the rain??? Yeah, right.. *damn motorheads.. grumble*'

·
Premium Member
11,473 Posts
I seem to remember this being covered before.

Have you tried a google search on LT?

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Youre driving in the rain? Did you turn off the rain sensor? ;)

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
If the alarms sensitivity is turned way up you could sneeze and set it off. Adjust your alarms sensitivity and it will help. Mine will still do it in a heavy down poor. Another option is to manually lock your doors when you know its going to rain.

Other than that...:tadts:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It is rain hitting the rear window. Nearly jumped out of my skin when washing the car with alarm armed. No recall I know of.

Solution: don't lock the car. No one is going to steal these cars.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
You actually wash your car..........?

I have made the same mistake several times. Don't arm it, you move the car while washing, something moves inside, and noise.

I have not heard of a recall either.

It will also go off when you are towing the car driving on a backass Georgia road with your wife navigating and you go over a massive RR track hump!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts