The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My alarm is no longer working, I cant unlock/lock my car with the key fob, the immobilizer doesn't prevent me from starting my car as usual, the tell tale/tach light is acting strange, my interior light only works when the key is in the ignition and not after you remove it... something strange has happened to my car and I'm unsure of where to even begin.

After driving the car some more I have found that the interior light will work, but only if the key is in the ignition... there were other things that would make the light go off but I cant remember at the moment, I will try to document what kills the power to the light and what allows the light to work tomorrow evening.

As of now I have verified that my alarm will no longer immobilize the starter, I can leave the car sitting for hours and then get back in and it starts right up without doing anything to the alarm, I simply put the key in and start the car.
I have noticed that the tach light comes on now when I start and stop the car, but when I take the key out and let the car sit for several minutes it no longer starts blinking like it should after the system is armed because the system never arms like it should. Something is not right...

I have included a (low quality) video showing the tach light turning on while I start and stop the engine. I can start the car after it sits for hours without the alarm immobilizing the starter, its like the alarm is no longer there or working but neither do my door locks when using the key fob, and my interior light has been effected by this as well. There is also a strange beeping noise that is played when I shut the engine off and leave the key in the ignition even with the doors shut, its not the standard door chime either, its a different tone and its much quieter.

Here is a link to the video:
http://youtu.be/EnOKY2Jn_Y4

Any ideas what is going on?

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
I had similar problems once. I rebooted the ECU by leaving the battery disconnected overnight and everything worked again. Also try playing with the lock/unlocker on the center console and check all relevant fuses.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had similar problems once. I rebooted the ECU by leaving the battery disconnected overnight and everything worked again. Also try playing with the lock/unlocker on the center console and check all relevant fuses.
I left my battery disconnected using my kill switch overnight and didnt have any luck, I also messed with the center door lock switch and its working perfectly.
Its very strange how there is a new beeping noise when I remove my key and the dome light doesnt work after I pull my key.

I will have to check fuses and post my findings later tonight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the problem has been solved, the alarm now works but I havent verified that the problems with the interior light, tach light, or the strange buzzer/chime have been resolved yet... I will later tonight once I drive it.

The problem: F11 fuse under the front access panel in the fuse box.

Its strange that I had a different set of problems than others did that had the F11 fuse blow out. I read several posts about issues with the alarm and the F11 fuse but none of them were similar to mine...

Glad its fixed and happy that I can now feel a little more comfortable leaving my car parked. I really wish the alarm was touch sensitive on the body panels, someone hit my car and put a small crack in the front clam but it didnt set off my alarm, so now I leave a go-pro plugged in and set to record 24/7, it loops over previous recordings once it reaches max capacity so that way I always have video recording of my car.
I wish there was some way to hook the go-pro up to a 1tb hard drive though because SD cards just dont have enough memory to satisfy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts