The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have searched and cant find anything on the subject. 2 days ago the wife was driving her 2005 elise. went into the store come back 20 min later and could not unlock the car. the tell tale light on the dash is not blinking or lit. called roadside to come get into car. the battery checked good 12.6 volts once in the car the door locks will open with the switch on the shifter console but still no resopnse from fob. as soon as you turn the ignition on the tell tale light starts blinking on the dash and the yellow backlight for gauges comes on and the alarm goes off. turn key off and alarm stops the light on dash goes out and no response from fob inputs. i have checked all the fuses in the car and they are good. used a multimeter pulled each fuse checked and put back. i am 5 and a half hours away from nearest dealer. anybody got a clue as to where i should start looking for the problem before i try to disable and bypass the alarm and imobilizer? thank you

·
Registered
480 Posts
SirLotus is the alarm guru on this forum so you might want to send him a PM.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
ok so i have searched and cant find anything on the subject. 2 days ago the wife was driving her 2005 elise. went into the store come back 20 min later and could not unlock the car. the tell tale light on the dash is not blinking or lit. called roadside to come get into car. the battery checked good 12.6 volts once in the car the door locks will open with the switch on the shifter console but still no resopnse from fob. as soon as you turn the ignition on the tell tale light starts blinking on the dash and the yellow backlight for gauges comes on and the alarm goes off. turn key off and alarm stops the light on dash goes out and no response from fob inputs. i have checked all the fuses in the car and they are good. used a multimeter pulled each fuse checked and put back. i am 5 and a half hours away from nearest dealer. anybody got a clue as to where i should start looking for the problem before i try to disable and bypass the alarm and imobilizer? thank you
Do the fobs turn on or off the immobilizer/alarm indicated by the flashing security light on the dash? If not, I would suggest that possibly the fobs have lost synchronization.
See here for syncing http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/remote-key-fob-immobilizer-misc-alarm-programming-70940/.
If that does not work report back.
Michael

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the fob is brand new, new battery, was programed less than a month ago. the fob does nothing. i tried the resync but that does nothing also. the flashing security light is not lit at all when the key is off. as soon as you put the key in and turn it to the acc or on position the alarm starts to sound the red light starts flashing and pushing the fob buttons does nothing. if you turn the key off while the alarm is sounding the alarm will stop. also disconected the battery for 2 days till i got back and that didnt help anything eiether

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
If you are convinced that the fobs are OK then the other possibility is the alarm ecu. Try accessing the ecu with the PIN.
If that does not work then the ecu may be defective.
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts