The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2016 Elise S3. It doesn't seem to have central locking (or one that works off the key or interior button) so I use the key in the door.

However I can't get the alarm to arm or trigger, I can hold down the small button on the key that just sounds the alarm and the siren is definitely working but if I press the lotus symbol on the key to arm it (according to the manual), it never goes off. I can open the doors, boot etc but nothing happens. The immobiliser works fine.

Is there a fuse that's worth looking at or anything else it could be?

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
I have an 2016 Elise S3. It doesn't seem to have central locking (or one that works off the key or interior button) so I use the key in the door.

However I can't get the alarm to arm or trigger, I can hold down the small button on the key that just sounds the alarm and the siren is definitely working but if I press the lotus symbol on the key to arm it (according to the manual), it never goes off. I can open the doors, boot etc but nothing happens. The immobiliser works fine.

Is there a fuse that's worth looking at or anything else it could be?
LT is US centric and we didn't get many S3 we stopped getting them past 2011. You might want to ask in SELOC and TLF as well. Check you owners manual for fuse info. I'm including a S2 service manual but they use the Cobra alarm and immobilizer. http://www.robmaroc.com/documents/2004-2012 Elise Exige Service Manual.pdf

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Another idea is to remove battery leads wait ten minutes and hit you brakes to discharge any residual voltage reconnect. Then install new fob battery and resync it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OH sorry I didn't realise that. I tried the TLF a while ago but no responses. Thanks for your help I will try that with the battery.

This is my manual, not sure if any fuses are obviously worth checking/changing as a 1st attempt.

Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

Font Book Material property Parallel Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts