The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok probably a really stupid question.

Finally got the pin to my car. I tried programming and in all the instructions it says to turn it on and off. Are you guys turning the key all the way to off (ie position when the key is initially inserted) or your switching it to the 2nd level (accessory I assume there is no label).

I tried both methods I think the led stayed on for 3 seconds but every time I started to check the pin the immobilizer light would just blink normally. My first number is 1 so I don't think it is too difficult to count to 1.

So far no luck. I am also doing this with the immobilizer active to test the pin.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
I haven't done it for years now... but pretty sure you have to turn the ignition all the way off. Once you've done the on-off thing three times you should just see the led blink once... it shouldn't stay on for three seconds.

It is very fiddly... took me several attempts to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
It is completely off as in the position that you insert the key. I did this about a month ago. took me quite a while to figure it out. Had to do the whole sequence a few times.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I will try it again today. Nessal did you try it with the immobilizer on or off? I'm not trying to program yet until I can verify the pin that the dealer gave me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried it again. Immobilizer active.

On/Off 3 times

Led stays on for like few seconds then the light stays off.

Does this sound correct or is something wrong?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nessal.

I think I may have the wrong pin.

So I turned off alarm and immobilizer
Turn on and off 3 times
Light comes on once it turns off
I turn the key to on blinks once I turn it off

The light stays off afterwards whether on or off position.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Just checked.

So you initially put the key in and turn it from full off to full on 3 times in quick successions ending at full off. The indicator light should go solid for a little bit then go off. Now you know that it is ready for you to enter your passcode. Turn it to full on and count the blinks up to the first number. So for example, if the first number is 4, watch it blink 4 times then go to full off. Do this for all of the numbers ending in full off after the last number. The light will come on permanently if the correct code is entered.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After you enter a pin and you turn it off. Does the light remain on or off?

I called the dealer today to verify the pin again. Waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
After entering the last number and turning it to full off, the light will come on solid if the correct code is entered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts