Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI:
<i>
9th February 2004

Dear Shinoo

Want to enhance your driving skills? Try The Alastair McQueen Experience

This is a fantastic Driver Training Course and will help you get the most out of your driving. Please find details enclosed.

Throughout the day you will learn high performance vehicle control techniques from Alastair McQueen who will help you to develop your confidence and driving skills. The Lotus Elise not only has thrilling handling characteristics, but also is a legend with the true motor-sport heritage.

Here are just a few of the many positive feedbacks we have had back from the people that have completed the course:

· "We had gone on the training to learn and our expectations were far surpassed".
· "I never realised just how good my Lotus is but Alastair and his astounding handling skills proved that Lotus really are the Automotive Engineers of Excellence"
· "Doing the demo drive at the end makes you realise just how much there is to learn"

Our current dates available are:
Friday 27th February, Friday 5th March, Friday 7th May and Monday 21st June.

We do have dates available most of the time, but if they are inconvenient please call me with a few dates in mind. I will then be able to check the availability and book something up for you.

Well I hope you have found the information helpful. If you would like any further information about the course or would like to book a place, please do not hesitate to call me on 01953 608254.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest Regards

Lisa Hartgrove
Lotus Driver Training Team
Lotus Sport and Performance
[email protected]
</i>

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I don't see a location mentioned. Is this at the Lotus test track? Wasn't there talk about possibly having one of these sessions in the US?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
As I recall it's 750 UK pounds, but it is a one on one school and supposed to be exc. It is done at Hethel test track, tho rumor has later in the year they're going to be coordinatinge something in the US for elise owners.

If the exchange rate wasn't so crappy I'd be all over it.

Chris

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sounds like a must-do to me....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Ideally what I would like to do is spend some time at a school like Skip Barber first, to improve my driving skills, so that if I then took the McQueen experience I could use it to really focus on improving my skills with the elise specifically. It would be a waste to go there just to go over generic things I need to do to improve my driving skills....

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
ivan1 said:
Ideally what I would like to do is spend some time at a school like Skip Barber first, to improve my driving skills
I think if they put you in a Dodge Neon it may not help with Elise driving...lets go to England:D

Dean is done so you have nothing keeping you here;)

Patrick
2005 Elise

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
One thing that would make me want to do it here rather than at Hethel would be the prospect of trying to get driving instruction at the same time I'm trying to figure out how to shift left handed. Unless they have some left drive elises over there, I'd probably miss a lot of shifts. :rolleyes:

Now maybe if I rented an elise for a week beforehand to get the feel it'd work. :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Evl said:
One thing that would make me want to do it here rather than at Hethel would be the prospect of trying to get driving instruction at the same time I'm trying to figure out how to shift left handed. Unless they have some left drive elises over there, I'd probably miss a lot of shifts. :rolleyes:

Now maybe if I rented an elise for a week beforehand to get the feel it'd work. :)
It's a lot worse than just missed shifts. Honestly, you pick up shifting with your left hand rather quickly...its learning the car dimensions that is a lot harder. I would think that my line would be all messed up because I wouldnt be able to determine how much physical space I had available around the car...something that you learn instinctivelly from years of driving on the left-hand side.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yup.. Exactly!

I did the Lotus driver training and had to get used to the LHD vs. RHD issue..

Shifting was OK. A bit of getting used to, but...

Because I was now on the 'other side' of the car I managed to destroy a few marker cones on the track and made Dave Minter (who was the instructor in our group) quite nervous when I almost clipped the tire-wall chicane at the end of the straight a few times in a row..

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Patricko said:

Dean is done so you have nothing keeping you here;)
OK the Dean avatar is gone....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Perhaps this would have been better???

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
ivan1 said:
Perhaps this would have been better???
I was going to do that with the Lotus logo but thought better of it...yours is perfect:D

Patrick
2005 Elise

·
Registered
971 Posts
Evl said:

I would ask if they have any left hand drive cars that you can use. After all you are paying quite a lot of money, and it is a one on one course. And it's not like they don't have any LHD Elises on the premises.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Another option is the 1st Lotus which many of the UK SELOC members would recommend.
It is run by Andy Walsh who despite being Welsh is a really great guy and superb instructor. His courses are also considerably cheaper than the official Lotus ones.

Don't know if he would come to the US to do a course, you could ask though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts