The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
12,760 Posts
Very well done! I will have to say when I saw the subject line the first thought that went thru my head was "He wrapped his whole car in what" That will be flocked looking....so glad it was the interior pieces lol.

·
Registered
2012 Evora S, 2001 Porsche Boxster, 2021 Volvo XC60 Inscription
185 Posts
Looks beautiful. Just wondering why you replaced the steering wheel with that one. Being somebody who wouldn't be here if not for an airbag, I always question replacing an airbag wheel with a non-airbag wheel, specially when the OEM is such a nice looking and nice feeling item.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazing. I've been wanting to do this too to reduce dash glare. I've assumed it's about a 15 hour job. Mind if I ask how long it took you?
It tooks me about 3days, first day take the parts off from the car, 2rd day wrap and wait the glue dry, 3rd day put it back on the car.Be patient with the wrap and use the head gun to make the suede more Flexible will make it easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks beautiful. Just wondering why you replaced the steering wheel with that one. Being somebody who wouldn't be here if not for an airbag, I always question replacing an airbag wheel with a non-airbag wheel, specially when the OEM is such a nice looking and nice feeling item.
That's good question, for me the aftermarket steering wheel with quick release is more handling and convenience for me,But as you said,No airbag is a drawback,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts