The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past weekend I was finally given the opportunity to get a full blown media pass for the ALMS / Honda Indy 200 race at Mid Ohio in Lexington.

On top of being excited for that another fellow member here (Spectre) had contacted Alex Job Racing and set up a "behind the scenes" tour and a short Q&A with Townsend Bell. Needless to say this weekend was AWESOME. I still have a lot of photos to go through and to edit, but i have made it through most of the ALMS pre-practice and practice session that took place on friday, and i thought i would share the EVORA related photos here. Feel free to check out the other stuff that i have posted on my Flickr page if you would like, but here are some of the shots i have of Alex Job Racings Beautiful Evora GTE.

Alex Job Racing Evora by monarchydesign, on Flickr

Looking to Strike by monarchydesign, on Flickr

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Nice shots. We're planning to camp out for the ALMS race at Road America in less than two weeks! Really looking forward to seeing this team.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice shots. We're planning to camp out for the ALMS race at Road America in less than two weeks! Really looking forward to seeing this team.
Hoping this Vipers dont have their crap figured out by then, they were just about the only thing keeping these guys from running in last. They just need serious backing like most of the other teams have...from what i heard during the Q&A, it seems that they may have some things in the works for next season.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Hoping this Vipers dont have their crap figured out by then, they were just about the only thing keeping these guys from running in last. They just need serious backing like most of the other teams have...from what i heard during the Q&A, it seems that they may have some things in the works for next season.
Yeah, running ALMS is a huge undertaking. Having factory support and tons of $$$$$ is almost essential to win.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Looking forward to seeing them at Road Atlanta's Petit LeMans this October.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
From what I understand, the car has come along very well in almost all areas, but is seriously underpowered in comparison to the average running field. If they can get to just average power compared to the field, this car can compete, given it has substantial advantages in braking and handling.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
From what I understand, the car has come along very well in almost all areas, but is seriously underpowered in comparison to the average running field. If they can get to just average power compared to the field, this car can compete, given it has substantial advantages in braking and handling.
I heard the same thing. They've made a ton of improvements to the car since the season began, namely to the suspension setup and aero balance, but still lacking the power it needs on the straights.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Alex Job Racing, Townsand Bell and the crew were fantastic and very approachable. You got the sense of confidence and I think once they get through the learning of this year, get the engine power and areo worked out they will be tough. Actually they were looking great on track, driving great but had a to quick of a splash of fuel or they would have finished.

We need lotus fans showing up at the tracks with cars, shirts, hats, etc. and go talk with them! Fantastic team!

BTW, Todd took some great photos!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Alex Job Racing, Townsand Bell and the crew were fantastic and very approachable. You got the sense of confidence and I think once they get through the learning of this year, get the engine power and areo worked out they will be tough. Actually they were looking great on track, driving great but had a to quick of a splash of fuel or they would have finished.

We need lotus fans showing up at the tracks with cars, shirts, hats, etc. and go talk with them! Fantastic team!
We talked to them at the start of the season in Long Beach. They didn't bring any swag though! :mad:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very informative interview from Mosport with Leo Parente and Alex Job here:

I saw Alex himself cleaning the car after Friday AM practice at Mid Ohio. He pitches in, which I respect a lot. The team has done a lot with this car with very little factory support.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Good work with the 70-200 f2.8 II!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
We talked to them at the start of the season in Long Beach. They didn't bring any swag though! :mad:
Ok, are you saying they didn't have any free give always or saying they were not good on track?

I walked the paddock and only saw one team toss a few hats but you can buy them at the ALMS trailer.

On a racing note, it takes a ton of development to get a car and team at winning level. Given the time and dollars, they are doing very well and on the right track.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
agreed, cant wait for next weekend to see the team.

:up:

hopefully i can meet up with you guys as well at some point

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
they didn't have any apparrel to buy at that point, since it was their first race. We were all asking, I would love to rock some AJR Lotus gear.

The team was super friendly, answered all of our questions and the car is great. I wish them endless luck and as always racing is an arduous and expensive sport-I'm sure once they work out the kinks they'll be a different animal next season.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

BTW, Todd took some great photos!

Like you said, i was impressed with how approachable the team in general seemed and how willing they were to answer questions off the cuff, and just generally engage the fan base. Thanks again for hookin us up!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
they didn't have any apparrel to buy at that point, since it was their first race. We were all asking, I would love to rock some AJR Lotus gear.

The team was super friendly, answered all of our questions and the car is great. I wish them endless luck and as always racing is an arduous and expensive sport-I'm sure once they work out the kinks they'll be a different animal next season.
Yeah, you look at the patron marketing and they have all the bells and whistles. And the line up to get the goodies is long...there are tons of lower cost tactics AJR can take advantage of to get fans engage while making a few bucks on the goodies. Opportunities...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts