The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a recommendation on a good shop to perform an alignment (just a regular one, but corner balancing if possible) and tire mounting/balancing in the Chicago area that is familiar with Lotus? Gator is a bit too far to travel to have this done. I'll probably order the tires myself and have them shipped to the shop.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Euroquipe in St Charles does a very nice job.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Possibly Nortown Automotive on North Ave, they do great tire mounting, not sure about alignment.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tire Rack in South Bend IN (this is the main headquarters) has a full service shop, and aside from needing your lug key and refreshing them on jack points they've got all the tech and tires. But it's about 1.5hr away from Chicago. Last time there were 2 lotus in while I was there.

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread, but where did you (jcs) end up going?

I need one done and unfortunately St. Charles is a bit of a hike (but i'd consider it, especially if i can have it done in a day while i wait), on the flipside LFSC is much closer but i never hear people discuss them...

And if anyone from WI happens to read this, your input on anywhere within an hour or two of MKE is helpful as well!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
And if anyone from WI happens to read this, your input on anywhere within an hour or two of MKE is helpful as well!
Big Bear tire in Oconomowoc... they are the only ones that touch my cars (& others I know as well) when it comes to alignments & corner balancing.

there is a cult following with them on other local community boards as well... & they prep a ton of SCCA cars too

0 reason to travel to Illinois as long as these guys exist

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
Big Bear tire in Oconomowoc...
that's right, i totally forgot about you mentioning them awhile back...

and scouring some of the autoX forums they do seem to get quite a bit of recommendations - i will call 'em up. thanks!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
that's right, i totally forgot about you mentioning them awhile back...

and scouring some of the autoX forums they do seem to get quite a bit of recommendations - i will call 'em up. thanks!
yeah its more of a coincidence they are so close to me in proximity, but I would still travel a long ways to continue having them do alignments for me

there is another shop in town that also has a good reputation (since the main guy has strong ties to Big Bear as well)... but big bear is the place to start

they are always busy during the summer season though, so scheduling something ahead of time is a must

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
sorry to bump an old thread, but where did you (jcs) end up going?
I ended up going all the way to Gator for the alignment so I could get a gPAN3 and V2 steering arms installed at the same time.

For tires, I bought from Tire Rack and had them shipped to Nortown Auto, who I also used again a week ago when I got new tires put on.

While I was there though, I asked the owner about alignment and corner balancing and he said it would be no problem to do them there for the Elige so I will probably go there the next time I need an alignment (probably next season when I upgrade the suspension).

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
326 Posts
After finding out I probably had a alignment problem. It was recommended that I go to Big Bear Tire in Oconomowoc. So I had my appointment today in which they quoted me a better price on two rear Pirelli P Zero corsa's than Tire Rack. They were just going to put tires on and if time they would do the alignment in which they did have time to do! I highly recommend them!!! They really care about the work they do and are a bunch of great guys! I will definitely continue to go there!

Here are some before and after pictures of the numbers on my alignment, which to my knowledge was still set from the Lotus factory. As the color marks made at production still lined up!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1441423600.906149.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1441423618.930933.jpg

As you can see.....according to the specs they had only two specs were actually right!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts