The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At local shop, that has some set up experience, getting car alignment and set up checked before track day. After total rebuild and who knows what previous owners had done felt this was a good idea. I’m amazed that the alignment computer not only knows Exige specs but also sport pack and ride height setting. Car was at 140mm and computer said that is street height, drop to 120mm for track use.

No time for others input but would be great to hear others feeling on set up for track days. This week I’ll be at a SCCA event at Watkins Glenn. I’m assuming different set ups for higher speed tracks verse tracks with more cornering.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
1. You want to set it to 120mm with the stock size tires, so if your tires are now 10mm shorter then you set it to 115mm front, 120-125 rear for example. Higher rear = more rotation.
2. Pull all shims and ABS shims from the front and probably all from the rear, but you want around 2.5-3 degrees rear camber with aggressive street tires.
3. Front toe 0. Rear toe depending on your driving skill between 3/16 total toe in to 1/16. With less toe resulting in less rotation.
4. Max front castor

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. You want to set it to 120mm with the stock size tires, so if your tires are now 10mm shorter then you set it to 115mm front, 120-125 rear for example. Higher rear = more rotation.
2. Pull all shims and ABS shims from the front and probably all from the rear, but you want around 2.5-3 degrees rear camber with aggressive street tires.
3. Front toe 0. Rear toe depending on your driving skill between 3/16 total toe in to 1/16. With less toe resulting in less rotation.
4. Max front castor
New set of Toyo R888 factory sizes

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I agree with what Kevin has posted. Make sure that you have 5-10 mm of rake in the car. Also, make sure you do this with your weight in the drivers seat. I run a little toe out in the front to help turn in and center rotation. It also helps stability down a straight.

Later,
Eldon

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4. Max front castor
How about shock settings. Factory track pack coil overs

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First two sessions, 30 minutes each completed. First session I was all over the place felt like what am I doing. This is my first road course and very different then circle track. Second session was great. Much more confidence and track understanding. Car definitely out performs me at the moment. Corvette owner came over to complement the look of the rear one the car. He also said “man these car are glued to that track”.

Attachments

Reactions: SS Lotus Elise

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I circle tracked raced, too. I actually think that it gives you an advantage in road racing because you are use to pulling Gs in the corners. What you have to learn is trail braking. That is a harder habit to break.

Later,
Eldon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts