The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a reputable race shop that has done a track-focused alignment and corner balance on an Elise or Exige here in the Phoenix area. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it.

I just got a set of SA Nitron NTR 46mm coilovers installed, can't wait to try them out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont see how you can do better than evolution in arizona. Why not there?
I checked with them and the best reason I can come up with is they estimated $450 to do the job with the possibility of up to double that number.

Back to the drawing board...

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
At double the number you are close to what you could get the equipment together to do it yourself.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly. I was expecting something in the neighborhood of $250 or less.

I have a friend that recommended someone for the alignment but he doesn't have scales so I'd be on my own to do the corner balance. I'm not quite ready for that, I'd like to leave it to the professionals this time around. Open to ideas at the moment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an appointment with the Lotus dealership in Scottsdale to do the alignment and corner balance next Tuesday, we'll see how it goes. They quoted me $175.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Let us know how it turns out. $175 is a fair price.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a call today and they mistakenly told me that a corner balancing could be done. I knew $175 sounded too good to be true.

Hopefully something comes up soon.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Lotus of Scottsdale does not enjoy a good reputation among Lotus owners in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The old lotus of Scottsdale

Lotus of Scottsdale does not enjoy a good reputation among Lotus owners in Arizona.
Yes, the new one that is on McDowell is much much much better!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts