The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spent almost $3000 over the last three years trying to get my car corner weighted and aligned PROPERLY in Boston area, I wanted to ask if someone could please recommend a COMPETENT shop(s) that actually knows how to corner weight a rear weight bias car and align it with accurate equipment. I've tried some of the shops listed in the search archive already (some were highly recommended) and they've all proven to be incompetent. Shops with high-tech alignment equipment didn't even know how to corner weight my car and shops with manual alignment technique prove to be grossly inaccurate once I had the alignment measured on a Hunter machine afterwards. I am puzzled since this shouldn't be a rocket science. This is for a Lotus Elise driven on the track at the limit. Please help.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I have no idea how you could have spent ~$3000 on alignments and corner weighting...

You could have bought all the equipment yourself for that price!

Does your car have adjustable suspension?
Have you re-located the battery or moved/removed other items to help attain a "perfect" balance?

It may not be possible to attain a "perfect" balance on your car without the above, and much more...

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
You should ask brgelise! He's in Ct., but participates in a lot of track days, and is very happy with the corner balancing and alignment of his 05 Elise. He's also very quick around the track, so I'm thinking the car is set up properly. Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
55 Posts
For your Lotus Needs you need to go to Synaptic 3 Engineering in Candia NH. They have a Lotus practice and have set up the suspension on my Elise perfectly. I have full AST coil-overs, RTD brace and just about everything else. Short of building a cup car they have been my GO-TO resource for all things lotus. Corner balancing, custom alignment etc.. Synaptic3 Main Page

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, $3000 is quite a lot.. The guys at Dent Sport Garage in Norwood are well known for building time attack STIs and EVOs, they also work on Porsches all the time, they corner weigh all of their cars.. You can also try Kaizen tunning in Boxborough, they're one of the best in the country when it comes to tunning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts