The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my Elise aligned. I'm getting better at string alignment but would like to have a known good baseline to work off of (going to use it to make some marks to use with a laser level in the future).

I'm in Boulder. Obviously won't be going until later in the year when the weather's better. I miss Steve at Tire Source - they always had the best prices and could be trusted, but that ship sailed :/

I know about SCR and 3R, but both are expensive. Plus 3R don't seem to do much Lotus work?

Not particularly picky about a race shop since I'm not corner balancing yet and I have a setup in mind already - just someone I can trust to figure out how to align the car, try to get to my specs, actually pay attention, and not break it.

Anyone people here prefer?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the ideas!

I think apk919's laser alignment needs a known-good alignment to make targets with. I'm absolutely going to use that method in the future once I have the car set to something I know is right.

Camber I'm comfortable doing myself anyway since on the Elise it's in known increments and has set limits. Toe is a bit harder since the extremes aren't known values, I can't use gravity as a reference, and it's a continuous measure.

Maybe I'll just get it as close as I can with my string rig, leave the diffuser off, and bring it into a "normal" tire shop with a good reputation. I'm just worried about a silly employee scraping the clamshell on the rack or getting excited or twitchy with the clutch and rolling off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.