The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put on Ohlins and a RTDbrace. I called Gonzaba to get an alignment. They sent me to Firestone on Broadway. We couldn't get my car up the ramp (my car is only at 125mm, I don't know why). They sent me to the Firestone on Culebra because they have a pit you just drive over. They first told me they couldn't do the alignment because they didn't have the specs. I gave them the specs. They then said they needed tie downs. I told them it was corner weighted and with 230lbs in the drivers seat, it shouldn't need it. I called AutoEurope back in Michigan, they said that there was nothing special required for an Elise alignment. They then said their tech wasn't comfortable doing it. A customer there overheard this and recommended Brake Check. He said they did his friends custom BMW. They looked at my car and said, "Oh, I thought that this was one of those Corvette 6 somethings..." Me-"you mean a Z06?" "Yeah". I proceeded to leave immediately.

Where the hell can I get an alignment around here? Austin?? I'm desperate at this point.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
www.soulspeed.com in Austin.

I've never used them but they come highly recommended and I plan to use them when I need them.

I recently put on Ohlins and a RTDbrace. I called Gonzaba to get an alignment. They sent me to Firestone on Broadway. We couldn't get my car up the ramp (my car is only at 125mm, I don't know why). They sent me to the Firestone on Culebra because they have a pit you just drive over. They first told me they couldn't do the alignment because they didn't have the specs. I gave them the specs. They then said they needed tie downs. I told them it was corner weighted and with 230lbs in the drivers seat, it shouldn't need it. I called AutoEurope back in Michigan, they said that there was nothing special required for an Elise alignment. They then said their tech wasn't comfortable doing it. A customer there overheard this and recommended Brake Check. He said they did his friends custom BMW. They looked at my car and said, "Oh, I thought that this was one of those Corvette 6 somethings..." Me-"you mean a Z06?" "Yeah". I proceeded to leave immediately.

Where the hell can I get an alignment around here? Austin?? I'm desperate at this point.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

I wonder why they sent you there!

They told me to go to Mezzetti Auto, which is where they send all their cars. I don't know if Mezzetti is no longer on good terms with them or if they are no longer in business, but here is the number if you need it: 210-342-9521

Hope this helps :wave:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I was at Firestone I even called Gonzaba when we had the problem. Service said that they didn't know what the problem was because they have done them before. Firestone didn't see to have any recollection of this. I should have called George directly. Thanks for the tips. I'll call Mettezzi first and if that doesn't work out Soulspeed.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
When I was at Firestone I even called Gonzaba when we had the problem. Service said that they didn't know what the problem was because they have done them before. Firestone didn't see to have any recollection of this. I should have called George directly. Thanks for the tips. I'll call Mettezzi first and if that doesn't work out Soulspeed.
Keep us updated on your experience....

Sounds like Gonzaba service dropped the ball again....

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I used Speedy Align in Austin ( the one on Oltorf @ so. Congress) they do alot
exotic stuff and know exactly whats up with Lotus and do on car wheel balancing as well. If you want to stay in SA I would give Alamo Sports Cars
a try, smart guys and do alot of vintage race car prep and work on every kinky car known to mankind. Ask for a tour of their new shop and check out the Lotus, Cooper, stangulini, ect vintage formula cars. they recently moved out on I10 exit Boerne stage rd.

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you end up in the Austin area, call Jasper at Soulspeed or contact John Long at www.jcautospec.com. Either shop can do a good job on your alignment and has experience with the Elise and Exige.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello to the Lotus community.I would like to introduce myself and my background to the group. I recently was hired by the Gonzaba Autoplex to take over the service department, in which they needed a lot of help. First of all I would like to apologize in behalf of the company if you have exerienced any difficulties with service on your cars.
My pervious employement was with a large independant Porsche repair facility in Tempe Arizona. I was employed there for over 10 years and prior to the I was with Bridgestone Motorsports in the their race tire division. I have personally raced since the mid 70's (don't try to guess who old I am). I have extensive experience with the set up and handling with all types of race cars and vehicles. We are currently have a customer's Elise aligned at a shop and will let everyone know how it turns out. But they do have the correct ramps and equipment for doing that.
If you have any questions or concerns about your cars don't hesitate to give me a call.
Joe Stubblefield
Gonzaba Autoplex 210-828-0077 [email protected] 1-888-755-8373

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Hello to the Lotus community.I would like to introduce myself and my background to the group. I recently was hired by the Gonzaba Autoplex to take over the service department, in which they needed a lot of help. First of all I would like to apologize in behalf of the company if you have exerienced any difficulties with service on your cars.
My pervious employement was with a large independant Porsche repair facility in Tempe Arizona. I was employed there for over 10 years and prior to the I was with Bridgestone Motorsports in the their race tire division. I have personally raced since the mid 70's (don't try to guess who old I am). I have extensive experience with the set up and handling with all types of race cars and vehicles. We are currently have a customer's Elise aligned at a shop and will let everyone know how it turns out. But they do have the correct ramps and equipment for doing that.
If you have any questions or concerns about your cars don't hesitate to give me a call.
Joe Stubblefield
Thanks for the introduction Joe. :wave:
I look forward to meeting you next time I bring my car in for service.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Joe Stubblefield
Nice to see you here.

I came in with my brother after his Elise turn signal popped out. Yup, thats me : )

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for everyone that came out last Saturday to San Antonio Lotus and helped George's Diabetes program out.
We have found a source for alignments for the Lotus products. Thanks to Mike Rice and his patience. Mike had reported back that the car felt great and went down the road as straight as possible. Give me a call and I can refer to the shop to you or next time you are in for service we can get it set up. Thanks again.
Joe S. San Antonio Lotus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts