The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just purchased my first elise and it came with two sets of wheels. Currently on the car and propperly aligned are a set of S111 stellaCORSE (silver) w/Toyo R888 (225 Front and 245 rear). I also received a set of sport pack wheels (tires on it are toast). I am considering keeping the S111 for track/autox and putting a new set of tires on the sport pack wheels for cruising around town.

Is there a tire option for which I could easily swap between wheels and not have to realign every time?

·
He's on fire!
3,453 Posts
OK, I just purchased my first elise and it came with two sets of wheels. Currently on the car and propperly aligned are a set of S111 stellaCORSE (silver) w/Toyo R888 (225 Front and 245 rear). I also received a set of sport pack wheels (tires on it are toast). I am considering keeping the S111 for track/autox and putting a new set of tires on the sport pack wheels for cruising around town.

Is there a tire option for which I could easily swap between wheels and not have to realign every time?
Not many run 225 front, and with the sport wheels you'll probably run something smaller than 225 otherwise the input will be mushy. For cruising around town you'll not need to realign no matter what you put on it.

Also, those wheels are Stella wheels, not S111 (they are just a reseller of them)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be misquoting the tire size. I thought that was what I remembered the guy telling me when I purchased it. I would have to check.

Do those wheels have the same offset? I thought if the offset was different it would change the alignment be changing wheels. I am not expert though.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I thought if the offset was different it would change the alignment be changing wheels. I am not expert though.
Offset does not change the alignment in the general sense. Sometimes certain tires like more camber than others, but you should be 100% fine with the same alignment for both sets of wheels/tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts