The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Took my car to goodyear to get my alignment done. Kinda funny watching them try to figure out how to start the car with the engine immobilizer, or how to get in and out. I was about the last person of the day, they put it up on the ramps then realized the undercarriage was covered and that they need to take it off to do any work, so we had to postpone till tomorrow, and double the price from a great $80 to an average $150. The guy who took it off the ramps actually CRAWLED out of it.
Anyway, they got me the current alignment measurements for all the tires. I just wanted to find out if this looks correct, the Specified range, that is.
the rear right tire was worn more on the inside than the outside which they said was a result of having my alignment off.
Any chance these could have been set these way for performance needs? It also say 2000-11: Sportpack. Are they referring to the Elise Sport Trim? Any changes recommended changes to these values that I can relay to them?

Thanks

Attachments

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
907 Posts
This doesn't looks so good. The rear toe too much out. That determine the thrust angle. The toe for the rear on both wheels needs to be 0,25, that means the wheel should point in, and both have to be the same number so the thrust angle become 0, and total toe going to be 0,50. Camber also too much diffeent between the left and right, tell them to make it about the same.

Now, moving to the front. Camber left and right one positive and one is negative. This might be set up for an oval track going ccw. The toe is both negative, that means the tires pointing out of the body. No wonder your tires eat-up in the inside.

This report doesn't show the 'actual' number, means you got the reading, but no adjustment has been made. The specs is correct.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Nasty before numbers! Stock Lotus specs suck if you wish to track car. Look in other section for that info.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Make sure they add your body weight on the drivers seat. This will affect your toe.

Pull all the front shims except for the ABS tabs. This will help with understeer

-2.4 camber is a good place to start on the rear. Toe should be -1/16th on each side giving you a total of 1/8

I take my car to Euroquip here in the Chicago area. It will be double what you are paying, but they have done several Elises and are real pro's!

Darrin

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
This is the alignment I got this spring. It felt pretty good. The most you will get on your stock steering arms by removing all the shims is around -0.9 so I would plan to get some aftermarket steering arms sometime in the future. Getting the front camber to around -2.0 really makes a huge difference in front grip

Attachments

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
This is the alignment I got this spring. It felt pretty good. The most you will get on your stock steering arms by removing all the shims is around -0.9 so I would plan to get some aftermarket steering arms sometime in the future. Getting the front camber to around -2.0 really makes a huge difference in front grip

Do you run on slick?

Should the factory setting be:
- Front -1.8 or -0.3 (stated in SELCO)?
- Rear -2.4 or -1.8 (stated in SELCO)?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts

Do you run on slick?

Should the factory setting be:
- Front -1.8 or -0.3 (stated in SELCO)?
- Rear -2.4 or -1.8 (stated in SELCO)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts