The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
any feed back on how this shifter performs? A video showing the shifter end play in neutral and in gear would be awesome. tia

·
Registered
376 Posts
There's someone else that lives in NoHo that's part of the Lotus Club of SoCal that has the shifter installed in his car for a good 6months or so now. He's in the Facebook group/lurks the forums.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
There's someone else that lives in NoHo that's part of the Lotus Club of SoCal that has the shifter installed in his car for a good 6months or so now. He's in the Facebook group/lurks the forums.
Yep, I remembered someone in the LA club at the prior meeting in downtown already has one. I'm local also, and you guys are welcome to check it out. I might drive to Cars and Coffee in Aliso Viejo next Sat - it's been a while.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
I'll be at the Aliso Viejo on April 30th, would be cool to meet some of you, then headed back to the East Coast that evening.

Let me know.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Now looking at the pics... Not sure whether I should install mine. :frown2:

Reverie XC bucket seat definitely gonna need heavy trimming.. :facepalm

Anybody with pic from stright above with seat all the way forward???

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
Sorry but now I have to share what I came home to today as well.

If anyone in the Denver area wants to help with the install let me know.
Omg that looks so freaking awesome. :drool: Especially in that color!!

Anytime, San.

Another update:

Me: Harry, how does it shif and drive now?
Harry: It's very tight like a virgin.
Me: Can I quote you on LT then? Thanks.
Harry: Lol go ahead.
rotfl

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Finally, I picked up my car today - it was too rainy and crazy friday traffic yesterday. Just drove it home right now - click, click, click, and I was gone!

How is the seat clearance when the seat is all the way forward?
I have the Lotus Probax Sport Seats and it cleared when the driver's seat is all the way forward without rubbing or touching the Alitech shifting housing.

On the corner, it looks like it touches but it's not. It's just the viewing angle appeared overlapping as the housing is above the seat and the footing is narrow, allowing plenty of clearance.

Sitting all the way back.

any feed back on how this shifter performs? A video showing the shifter end play in neutral and in gear would be awesome. tia
OH, my freaking GOD!! The Alitech shifter totally transformed the Lotus driving experience. It shifts 1000% beter now. Just crazy, "King Kong ain't got nothing on me!" I have to agree with Harry's assessment: the shifting now (with the LETSLA) is freaking super fast, short, tight, mechanical, and with no play like a seriously stiff Munchkin virgin on speedballs!

:shift::shift::shift:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Finally, I picked up my car today - it was too rainy and crazy friday traffic yesterday. Just drove it home right now - click, click, click, and I was gone!

OH, my freaking GOD!! The Alitech shifter totally transformed the Lotus driving experience. It shifts 1000% beter now. Just crazy, "King Kong ain't got nothing on me!"

:shift::shift::shift:

I noticed lots of clicking. It sounds like that noise is much more tinny and would get annoying after a while. Almost like something is loose? Maybe it's just the video.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Do any of you have your old OEM shifter to sell? I need the M12mm thread that came in 2007+ model Exige/Elise (A120F0017S)

#22 in picture below

If I had not just paid to have console wrapped and if they had in stock Alitech shifter I would order one. But I total bent/stripped the threads on my current shifter changing the shift knob when the set screw was not all the way out...:eek: But I am tempted to order one of these cool shifters

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do any of you have your old OEM shifter to sell? I need the M12mm thread that came in 2007+ model Exige/Elise (A120F0017S)

#22 in picture below

If I had not just paid to have console wrapped and if they had in stock Alitech shifter I would order one. But I total bent/stripped the threads on my current shifter changing the shift knob when the set screw was not all the way out...:eek: But I am tempted to order one of these cool shifters
there is a sector 111 shifter that will be coming to market soon that will use the stock center console... sounds likes it's a month or two from being available though... sounds like it'll be cheaper than the Alithech shifter.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I finally started with the install, but going really slow since I don't have the time to fully install it in one shot.

I can't be the only one with this issue...damn you Lotus!! The original shifter housing/frame only had two bolts and 3 holes in the front, but the floor only has two holes! One on the driver's side and the middle. While Alitech's mounting bracket has three holes. It's like Lotus said F it with the third hole. I guess I'll have to drill one. Has anyone else experienced this with the install?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 66 Posts