The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently linked up with a guy that manufactures high end auto carbon fiber parts ie. ferrari, lamborghini etc and he has molds for almost every part on the Elise. It would be full carbon fiber (not half fiberglass) so stronger and lighter than most of whats out right now. The goal is to offer top quality carbon fiber to replace OEM. If theres enough interest, they can ship a container full of whats in demand to save on shipping.

Mirrors, clamshells front and rear, engine cover lid, door shells, center console.

If theres enough interest I'll find out what kind of pricing is possible and get him to buy a vendor status.

Attachments

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
I was under the impression that CF clams are actually heavier than stock; looks nice though.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
i might get elise engine lid. and 2010+ spoiler center piece if they have those. thanks a lot for putting this together!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure that the cf clams that are heavier than stock are half carbon fiber half fiberglass.

"All of our carbon fiber products are vacuum bagged then autoclaved, we offer a half carbon fiber version and a full carbon fiber version, here's an example of a Porsche mirror cover, the front looks exactly the same but the rear tells the difference"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I recently linked up with a guy that manufactures high end auto carbon fiber parts ie. ferrari, lamborghini etc and he has molds for almost every part on the Elise. It would be full carbon fiber (not half fiberglass) so stronger and lighter than most of whats out right now. The goal is to offer top quality carbon fiber to replace OEM. If theres enough interest, they can ship a container full of whats in demand to save on shipping.

Mirrors, clamshells front and rear, engine cover lid, door shells, center console.

If theres enough interest I'll find out what kind of pricing is possible and get him to buy a vendor status.
When in China, think only of one name......just replace the "boogie" with HK fever!!

P.S. You get an idea how old I am but they don't make music like this anymore!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Please educate me how in fck do you know that's China in the background, is it the wall paper or the piss on the floor? :eek:
The funky small bathroom tiles pattern on the exterior wall, the water stain from rusted pipe, rusted pipe on the outside, concrete steps stairs and solid wall-railing construction style next to the plain entry/opening....just the overall picture in term of construction and materials used - common in Asia: we need no stinking codes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha good guess, yes they are manufactured in China. Pretty much like most of the kits out there as well as iPhones.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Can you advise the weights of the clams?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup, I'm trying to get the weights as we speak. I know that is a huge factor for most buyers esp. elise owners.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts