1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All orders to be filled by Q1 05?

From the press release today-

http://www.elisetalk.com/index.php?s=

Lotus CARS USA director of sales and marketing Mark O"Shaughnessy forecasts existing order banks to be filled by the end of the first quarter 2005.
Does this seem optimistic? Or is it realistic? I keep hearing newer people state they won't get a car until much later in 2005.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That would be great. I thought #40 in Seattle would be a Feb delivery, but Park Place has around 100 firm orders.......which may mean a Christmas delivery......please, please, plesase!!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I noticed that statement. I don't think it means that all people on the waiting list will have the cars. Only 30 customers per dealer placed an order, and to me it sounds like those are the ones that will be filled by the end of Q1. Which sounds about right, that's 1200 cars. The only strange thing about it is that the math only works if all dealers get the same number of cars, which won't be the case.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Newport European was telling me to expect to expect delivery toward the end of the 1st quarter, 2005 (Feb/Mar time frame.) I'm in the mid-to-high 30's at that dealership. I think the "cut-off" for 1st year production orders for Newport European was in the mid-40's. If that's the case, then I'd think the Q1, 2005 prediction might be pretty close...

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ConeFusion said:
I noticed that statement. I don't think it means that all people on the waiting list will have the cars. Only 30 customers per dealer placed an order, and to me it sounds like those are the ones that will be filled by the end of Q1. Which sounds about right, that's 1200 cars. The only strange thing about it is that the math only works if all dealers get the same number of cars, which won't be the case.
Ahh.. that would make sense. I read into it that it was all the people on the waiting lists... which in some cases like Symbolic is a very long list. Your post makes more sense.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
ConeFusion said:
If the '3 tier setup' is a reality, then add the additionally expected 1,000 mostly to the large dealerships, with some for the medium ones also getting more than 30 cars for the 12 months. Example: 19 small dealers getting 30 cars = 570, 10 medium dealers getting 60 cars = 600, and 10 large dealers getting 105 cars = 1,050. That would account for 2,220
cars.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Order #65 due to arrive 1st Quarter of 2006 at medium sized dealership. Direct from dealer/Lotus Rep. Seems like a more realistic outlook. I'll enjoy the NSX for another 2 years...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm #36 at a dealership I would assume to be "mid-tier"...was informed today I'd get my car approximately March/April 2005.

Eight more months to wait.........

David

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
X000000101 said:
I'm #36 at a dealership I would assume to be "mid-tier"...was
I have never heard or read anything beyond what Ridge is theorizing about "tiers."

For all we know, there are 39 different tiers.

If someone has heard something concrete, I would like to hear it, but the first I recall the 3-tier concept coming up was a thread where Ridge was musing to himself how you could mathematically come up to 2400 cars.

If that is the case... I just don't want it to become fact. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Based on the accuracy of Lotus' prior delivery estimates, I don't have much confidence in this one.

I'd put more faith in a palm reader or a divining rod

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
grudkin said:
Based on the accuracy of Lotus' prior delivery estimates, I don't have much confidence in this one.
It's very possible, because their calculations take into consideration that a number of people on the list will drop off or die from the wait. ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Ahh.. that would make sense. I read into it that it was all the people on the waiting lists... which in some cases like Symbolic is a very long list. Your post makes more sense.
I think Mark O'Shaughnessy made a deliberately misleading statement.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Just read the actual release -- i consider it bad news, but maybe lotus is just being cautious. I am #40 at SVAG; if orders 1-30 are delivered by March 05, I won't have my car until April or May.. I was hoping for January or February.

Only positives: I can save up longer for the down payment, and SVAG might get some type of accelerated delivery schedule because of its list size.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts