The Lotus Cars Community banner
1181 - 1200 of 1366 Posts

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hello everyone,
New to the forum and new to Lotus. I've been one of those folks that has come very close to buying a lotus on more than one occasion, but never pulled the trigger. I have a deposit on an Emira, but was a bit slow to the game...so probably will just be a dreamer until 2023 now. :) I live in the mountains in Colorado and can't wait to do some touring. I look forward to reading through the forum.
Welcome to LT!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

New to the forum but I've been following listings on the market place here for the last year. Currently live in Wisconsin. (Not the best roads but we have some solid areas) Looking forward to finally pull the trigger on hopefully an orange elise some time this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All,
I live in NH and just sold my air cooled 911.
I've always wanted an Esprit and now might be the time to start looking.

I did all the work on the 911 while I owned it (13 years), although I never had to open the engine up. I've done things like transmission rebuilds, new clutch, engine drops etc.....

How is the Esprit as far as
Parts availability and Cost.
Required maintenance.
Getting service done to the cars if needed? Is it difficult to find someone to do the things I may not have the tools for?

I kind of lean towards the 8 Cylinder vs. the 4 but I know very little about these cars other than they look hot.
Any info/links you guys can off is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hello everyone,

New to the forum but I've been following listings on the market place here for the last year. Currently live in Wisconsin. (Not the best roads but we have some solid areas) Looking forward to finally pull the trigger on hopefully an orange elise some time this year.
Welcome to LT!

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hello All,
I live in NH and just sold my air cooled 911.
I've always wanted an Esprit and now might be the time to start looking.

I did all the work on the 911 while I owned it (13 years), although I never had to open the engine up. I've done things like transmission rebuilds, new clutch, engine drops etc.....

How is the Esprit as far as
Parts availability and Cost.
Required maintenance.
Getting service done to the cars if needed? Is it difficult to find someone to do the things I may not have the tools for?

I kind of lean towards the 8 Cylinder vs. the 4 but I know very little about these cars other than they look hot.
Any info/links you guys can off is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Welcome to LT Dan! Be sure to check the Esprit section. They're harder to find someone to work on and parts will be harder to comeby. There is required maintenance that can't be skipped.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I am Andre, in the process of getting my first Elise, an S1. Have a couple of cars i. The garage already but the Elise is what my nostalgic heart is beating on. Does anyone in US tune EMERALD ecu?

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hi I am Andre, in the process of getting my first Elise, an S1. Have a couple of cars i. The garage already but the Elise is what my nostalgic heart is beating on. Does anyone in US tune EMERALD ecu?
Welcome to LT Andre! I would pose that question in the Elise section. Since it's a standalone ECU I would think any tuner shop but Rovers aren't exactly a known engine here. Have you tried google searching with lotustalk and end of the search? There are threads here on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
“New” member here though I have been lurking for a year or two.

I joined a car club in the mid-2000s and of a large, eclectic portfolio including classics through contemporary super cars the Elise was my favorite driving experience. Ripping my pants climbing out of the car hardly diminished my enjoyment…

Bought an ‘05 from outside my local market just as COVID was becoming a thing. Moved to a place on a gravel road with a couple of speed bumps before transporting the car and never got it home. I hope circumstances will support owning another in the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to LT Andre! I would pose that question in the Elise section. Since it's a standalone ECU I would think any tuner shop but Rovers aren't exactly a known engine here. Have you tried google searching with lotustalk and end of the search? There are threads here on that.
Thank you, I will ask in the Elise section. Unfortunately only dated results appear from the search function.

best regards,
Andre

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Thank you, I will ask in the Elise section. Unfortunately only dated results appear from the search function.

best regards,
Andre
Yes the search can't look into the future lol. Since the S1 really isn't legal in the states there won't be much here but you might have better luck having the tune done in the UK where they've worked with it for years. Another thought is checking SELOC.

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
“New” member here though I have been lurking for a year or two.

I joined a car club in the mid-2000s and of a large, eclectic portfolio including classics through contemporary super cars the Elise was my favorite driving experience. Ripping my pants climbing out of the car hardly diminished my enjoyment…

Bought an ‘05 from outside my local market just as COVID was becoming a thing. Moved to a place on a gravel road with a couple of speed bumps before transporting the car and never got it home. I hope circumstances will support owning another in the future.
Welcome to LT Jim! Did your car meet with an unfortunate end?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my name is Jon and I currently live in Chicago. I drove my first Elise about 2 years ago and have been saving up for one ever since then.

I am excited to learn more about the ownership experience of owning a Lotus Elise/Exige.

I am also looking forward to seeing posts on the new Emira

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hello, my name is Jon and I currently live in Chicago. I drove my first Elise about 2 years ago and have been saving up for one ever since then.

I am excited to learn more about the ownership experience of owning a Lotus Elise/Exige.

I am also looking forward to seeing posts on the new Emira
Welcome to LT Jon!

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hi everyone. Looking for an Elise with the hope to turn it into a track car at some point. In the midwest and can't wait to join the club! :) Thanks
Welcome to LT! Once you have your three days and ten posts there is an Elise setup pretty good for a track car on here For Sale.

·
Registered
Coming Soon!
24 Posts
Hello everyone.

My name is Zack and I've been a Lotus fan for too long of a time, and am now in the position to bring one into the garage! I live just outside Portland, OR and am trying to get my hands on a new Evora GT for myself and the ladies in my family.

I'm looking forward to finally making one mine!

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Hello everyone.

My name is Zack and I've been a Lotus fan for too long of a time, and am now in the position to bring one into the garage! I live just outside Portland, OR and am trying to get my hands on a new Evora GT for myself and the ladies in my family.

I'm looking forward to finally making one mine!
Welcome to LT Zack! GLWS!

Reactions: Mazdamia
1181 - 1200 of 1366 Posts