The Lotus Cars Community banner
1261 - 1280 of 1369 Posts

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
Good evening, my name is Mike and I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I was just introduced to the Emira by a coworker (probably on this board) the last 2 days. I'm just a lurker for now and all I can say is this car has my attention. Unlike the C8 Corvette, when I saw the Emira, I was drawn to it. I've had 2 previous Corvettes, Toyota MR2, and an Integra Type R. I won't make many posts but will definitely be doing a lot of reading. I look forward to maybe becoming an owner one day if it's meant to be.
Welcome to LT Mike!

Reactions: The2ndr

·
Registered
21 Posts
John here from just outside of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I put a deposit down on an Emira yesterday -- slightly tricky, as the nearest Lotus dealer is in Melbourne. That means flying over to get the car, then putting it on the boat to get it back. But I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Speaking of worth, the first edition is roughly $200,000 here (Australian dollars)... thanks largely to our government's luxury car tax. So definitely approaching supercar pricing.

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
John Pearson, Fairhope, AL 1990 Lotus Esprit Turbo
Welcome to LT John! Be sure to check out the Esprit section!

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
John here from just outside of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I put a deposit down on an Emira yesterday -- slightly tricky, as the nearest Lotus dealer is in Melbourne. That means flying over to get the car, then putting it on the boat to get it back. But I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Speaking of worth, the first edition is roughly $200,000 here (Australian dollars)... thanks largely to our government's luxury car tax. So definitely approaching supercar pricing.
Welcome to LT John! Damn maybe some here won't complains so much after seeing that price!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Lotus Community,
My name is Solomon I am located in Socal. Very interested in learning more about lotus. I love working on my own cars. I am currently looking for a lotus exige or elise. Trying to learn all the common issues people run into and what makes certain years better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello fellow lotus lovers! My name is Sid and I live in Longview, Texas. I just placed a deposit on an Emira first edition yesterday. I am a porsche guy who stumbled across the Emira just researching mid engine cars in general. I’ve known about the lotus brand since round about 95 or so when I was interested in the Elise I think it was.

My sports car history is corvettes until I discovered the mid engine platform in a Porsche. Have had two of those that I used on the race track extensively. Sold my last one a few weeks ago and I am now without a car to fuel my passion. I am excited about the Emira and looking forward to taking delivery as soon as possible.

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
Hello fellow lotus lovers! My name is Sid and I live in Longview, Texas. I just placed a deposit on an Emira first edition yesterday. I am a porsche guy who stumbled across the Emira just researching mid engine cars in general. I’ve known about the lotus brand since round about 95 or so when I was interested in the Elise I think it was.

My sports car history is corvettes until I discovered the mid engine platform in a Porsche. Have had two of those that I used on the race track extensively. Sold my last one a few weeks ago and I am now without a car to fuel my passion. I am excited about the Emira and looking forward to taking delivery as soon as possible.
Welcome to LT Side. Might have wanted to hang on to that last P car since Emira deliveries will be a year if you just deposited.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to LT Side. Might have wanted to hang on to that last P car since Emira deliveries will be a year if you just deposited.
Yes I think you might be correct as far as selling it a bit too soon. My sales guy says to expect the car by summer of next year, but I do think that’s optimistic judging by the research I’ve been doing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone, Jay from West Virginia. 48 years old brought here by excitement over the Emira. Previous cars are M4, 996 C4 Cab, M2 competition. Now in a 2004 Jeep TJ for the moment. Trying to get info and knowledge. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
Hello everyone, Jay from West Virginia. 48 years old brought here by excitement over the Emira. Previous cars are M4, 996 C4 Cab, M2 competition. Now in a 2004 Jeep TJ for the moment. Trying to get info and knowledge. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to LT Jay!

Reactions: wvudrjay

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
Welcome to LT! Beauty!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I've been a member for several years but have not posted. I'm a long time SCCA driver along with BMW DS instructor. Restorations include a 73 3.0 CSL and 67 Elan (both sold to fund my business). Currently in the garage is a franken-lotus 74 Europa.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

My name is Diane and a client is looking to buy a 1991 Lotus Esprit Turbo.

I'll be managing the mechanical evaluation of the car.

Needed: suggestions for great mechanics in the East LA area.

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
Hi, I've been a member for several years but have not posted. I'm a long time SCCA driver along with BMW DS instructor. Restorations include a 73 3.0 CSL and 67 Elan (both sold to fund my business). Currently in the garage is a franken-lotus 74 Europa. View attachment 1299512
Welcome to LT! Your old Elan brings back memories!

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
Hi!

My name is Diane and a client is looking to buy a 1991 Lotus Esprit Turbo.

I'll be managing the mechanical evaluation of the car.

Needed: suggestions for great mechanics in the East LA area.
Welcome to LT Diane! Be sure to check out the Esprit section!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I live in Northern New Jersey and drive a lightly modified 2001 Miata for fun. I would love to trade up to an Elise but prices are recently through the roof. So I'll be waiting for the used car hysteria to pass and using the time to learn more about Lotus including through this community.

1261 - 1280 of 1369 Posts