The Lotus Cars Community banner
1281 - 1300 of 1376 Posts

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Hi, I live in Northern New Jersey and drive a lightly modified 2001 Miata for fun. I would love to trade up to an Elise but prices are recently through the roof. So I'll be waiting for the used car hysteria to pass and using the time to learn more about Lotus including through this community.
Welcome to LT! Because the Elise will never be made again along with decreasing numbers thru attrition and the rising collector/sport car interest I doubt prices will change much. LT is a great place to learn what you'll need to know before and after purchase.

Reactions: KEEPRYT

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Hey, here in hot pursuit of an Evora after falling in love with them. A 2017-2018 400 with Carbon Pack is my dream. Trying to make it a reality!
Welcome to LT! Once you have three days you may want to post a WTB for what you're looking for. GLWS!

Reactions: d1zk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, David from WI and owner of a ‘91 NSX. AdvanMe brought me back to the car scene and I was able to join the Holy Hill Drive this past weekend. Met a few members already along with their gorgeous rides. Big props to PERVERSEWI and ShadowWulf369 for organizing such an awesome event!

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Hi, David from WI and owner of a ‘91 NSX. AdvanMe brought me back to the car scene and I was able to join the Holy Hill Drive this past weekend. Met a few members already along with their gorgeous rides. Big props to PERVERSEWI and ShadowWulf369 for organizing such an awesome event!
Welcome to LT David!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my name is Jaap and my intitials are JPS. So by birth there was a start to be linked to the Lotus cars-brand.
As a kid I had posters on the wall of Lotus cars and I promised myself to buy me - one day - a Lotus. In 2013 I decided it to be the "one day". Ever since I am the proud owner of a 2005 Lotus Elise 111s Mk2 in the beautiful Ardent Red colour.
At the moment I am on the list for a Lotus Emira, but by the looks of it, it wil take until 2023 before I get to ride my Lotus Emira.

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Hi, my name is Jaap and my intitials are JPS. So by birth there was a start to be linked to the Lotus cars-brand.
As a kid I had posters on the wall of Lotus cars and I promised myself to buy me - one day - a Lotus. In 2013 I decided it to be the "one day". Ever since I am the proud owner of a 2005 Lotus Elise 111s Mk2 in the beautiful Ardent Red colour.
At the moment I am on the list for a Lotus Emira, but by the looks of it, it wil take until 2023 before I get to ride my Lotus Emira.
Welcome to LT Jaap!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Anders I am based in Perth Western Australia. I have ordered blue/black pack/manual/black wheels and all the trimmings.
This will be my first Lotus and mid engined car.
Previous fast cars 22b, BMW M3 e30. Impreza STi wagon tuned to 500BHP 500 NM torque.
I have left the 22B project In UK for when I visit home.

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Welcome to LT Anders!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone long time lurker of the forums, hoping to get into either an Evora or Elise soon. I foolishly missed out on a 2005 Elise with 18k miles for $22k back in 2017. I’m very much regretting that decision given the current market.

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Welcome to LT! Damn isn't hindsight a bitch? lol Never too late the interest and prices have only gone uphill! Get your three days and ten posts in and place a WTB hopefully you'll find a great car as many of us have!

·
Registered
3 Posts
howdy folks. new elise owner and forum member here. thanks to all of your for your invaluable information that has helped me unravel the mysteries of this unique car! and ohhhhhhh so many mysteries there are...

• airbag light due to flat battery - op-com scanner on the way!
  • optic armor windshield - it looks like the coating is delaminating, so i'm going to try novus polishing it. saw a source for OEM windshield for around $1200 if i want to go back to glass. pros/cons?
  • tires - going w/ 205/45R16 front, 225/45R17 rear. looking forward to a bit more wider, longer life, softer ride, and cheaper! (235 in the rear seemed too tall or too wide based on the measurements on tirerack, although i know a bunch of you are running them)
  • instruments die - mine still do, but pressing on the right hand side of the binnacle seems to help. i've seen posts about folks having the soldering reflowed. any other solves for this?
  • soft top seal - i haven't dug into this yet, but they're uneven and the side windows don't really seal well.
  • immobilizer - prior owner took out the cobra module, so now i'm not sure if it has an alarm and don't believe it has an immobilizer. the doors do still lock/unlock w/ the remote...sometimes. this talk of not being able to access the trunk when the battery is flat is confusing to me. i have a keyhole there, so can't i just use a key? is that not common? on the boxster the battery is in the front, and if it's flat, you can actually power the frunk latch release from inside the driver's footwell at the fuse box with jump leads.
  • mods - i'm going to have the stock wheels powdercoated black and ordered a black center stripe. my front clam has had its turn signals deleted and integrated into the headlights. looking at software mods vs. SC eventually.
i'm sure i've missed a bunch and still have a lot to learn, so appreciate any suggestions you might have! i've only had the car a day, so it was filled with equal parts terror (the fuel gauge suddenly dropped to zero because of the instruments dying), exhilaration (driving down the coast), humbling (getting out of the car for the first time with the top on), and humor (watching the valet try to figure out how to get out of the car with the top on).

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Howdy! Loved Lotus for a long time. Owner of a 2020 Evora GT. Emira on pre-order back in July. Hoping to be able to post more here.
Welcome to LT!

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
howdy folks. new elise owner and forum member here. thanks to all of your for your invaluable information that has helped me unravel the mysteries of this unique car! and ohhhhhhh so many mysteries there are...

• airbag light due to flat battery - op-com scanner on the way!
  • optic armor windshield - it looks like the coating is delaminating, so i'm going to try novus polishing it. saw a source for OEM windshield for around $1200 if i want to go back to glass. pros/cons?
  • tires - going w/ 205/45R16 front, 225/45R17 rear. looking forward to a bit more wider, longer life, softer ride, and cheaper! (235 in the rear seemed too tall or too wide based on the measurements on tirerack, although i know a bunch of you are running them)
  • instruments die - mine still do, but pressing on the right hand side of the binnacle seems to help. i've seen posts about folks having the soldering reflowed. any other solves for this?
  • soft top seal - i haven't dug into this yet, but they're uneven and the side windows don't really seal well.
  • immobilizer - prior owner took out the cobra module, so now i'm not sure if it has an alarm and don't believe it has an immobilizer. the doors do still lock/unlock w/ the remote...sometimes. this talk of not being able to access the trunk when the battery is flat is confusing to me. i have a keyhole there, so can't i just use a key? is that not common? on the boxster the battery is in the front, and if it's flat, you can actually power the frunk latch release from inside the driver's footwell at the fuse box with jump leads.
  • mods - i'm going to have the stock wheels powdercoated black and ordered a black center stripe. my front clam has had its turn signals deleted and integrated into the headlights. looking at software mods vs. SC eventually.
i'm sure i've missed a bunch and still have a lot to learn, so appreciate any suggestions you might have! i've only had the car a day, so it was filled with equal parts terror (the fuel gauge suddenly dropped to zero because of the instruments dying), exhilaration (driving down the coast), humbling (getting out of the car for the first time with the top on), and humor (watching the valet try to figure out how to get out of the car with the top on).
Welcome to LT! You'll know if you have immobilizer if you have to use your fob to start. If it's bypassed you won't need it.
Try just reseating the cables for the speedo if no joy then it will need resolder or Atlanta Speedometer repairs Lotus speedos

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to LT! You'll know if you have immobilizer if you have to use your fob to start. If it's bypassed you won't need it.
Try just reseating the cables for the speedo if no joy then it will need resolder or Atlanta Speedometer repairs Lotus speedos
thanks for the heads up and welcome!

·
Administrator
8,335 Posts
Hello LT forum members. I am a lifetime motorsport fan and have owned multiple sport cars including three that were mid-engined. I joined the forum because I am considering purchasing a used Evora in 2022. DP
Welcome to LT! Great place to learn what you'll need to know before and after purchase.

1281 - 1300 of 1376 Posts