The Lotus Cars Community banner
1321 - 1340 of 1376 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Wanted to introduce myself - new here. I am Mike and I am an addict. I love driving. Somebody help me get an Exige S :)
Welcome to LT Mike! Once you have your ten posts and three days you might want to place a WTB. GLWS!

·
Registered
6 Posts
All new members please post an introduction in the New Member Introduction forum,
I'm a 75 year old new member. I'm a Brit that is now retired living on the Oregon coast. My long suffering wife of over 50 years and I are trying to build a new home here despite the lack of interest shown by local contractors. To date we've only been able to get work done by contractors living as much as 100 miles away inland in the Willamette valley. The exterior is finished and weatherproof bar some painting. The interior framing is completed and awaiting plumbing and electrical installation. Anyone with personal experience and recommendations in these disciplines on the central Oregon coast, or even further afield, please feel free to offer recommendations.

Before leaving CA four years ago I sold my 1965 Lotus Elan S2 along with a 1973 Jensen Interceptor and several other toys as storage is very hard to find around here. I started suffering from Lotus withdrawal shortly after completing a restomod 1980 TR7 Spider with Buick V6, Chevy automatic, 3.08 rear end, Wilwood discs and MG F 15" wheels and fresh paint. After trying to work with building contractors restoring a Lotus will feel like therapy.

So, now I'm the owner of a currently non operational 1970 Lotus Europa S2 'project', ID #0557R. The PO lied about numerous aspects of the car and it's history which I suspect was that he bought it as a 'donor' car to get parts needed for his other 1970 S2 Europa, asset stripping the project car and substituting poor condition or non functional and in some cases incorrect parts. But despite that it still has most of the original and now hard to find parts.

Despite this I anticipate being able to resurrect the corpse using a lot of labor and some necessary replacement parts to become a rolling restoration. It will be a 'driver', not a 'Concours Queen'. Mostly original but not necessarily so.

A potential longer term prospect is to replace the ICE power-train with an EV drive-line, replacing the Renault engine and gearbox with a Renault (Nissan?) EV motor and enough battery capacity to be able to make 150 mile round trips. Anyone that has considered or better done something similar is invited to contact me with experience or suggestions.

Phil, AKA - B K Wannabe
Florence, OR

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Welcome to LT Phil! Sounds like you like projects of all kinds. I'm going thru similar issues getting contractor in for last three projects on the house. I've had six in measuring talking and never hear from them again over the last two months. I may have to come out of retirement to do these myself but I don't need anymore projects. Post photo of your Europa sometime. Good luck!

·
Registered
1994 Lotus Esprit S4 Azure Blue
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I’m Karl and live in Guildford, Surrey and very recently had my dream come true of finally owning a Lotus Esprit!

I’m originally from Norfolk and went to the factory a couple times as a kid and still remember the later Esprit models sat there. I was given a colouring in book from Lotus and I always dreamt of finally owning one and now I do.

She’s a 1994 S4 in Azure Blue with cream interior and is drop dead gorgeous. I bought from a great dealer who has done a lovely job recommissioning the car after a respray and has dealt with a couple niggles under warranty which just shows why it’s vital you buy from someone reputable.

I am lucky enough to also have a 1986 Rover SD1 Vitesse Twin Plenum that I have done lots of work on having pulled the engine out but after 5 years of major works on and off, I’m adamant the Lotus is to be driven and polished…not to be tinkered with as she’s almost perfect and if there’s a problem, she’ll be going to a garage and make sure she’s fixed by a pro…although I’m not a car novice so small little jobs I may still do but only if they’re easy!

I don’t think I can keep both cars so the clock is ticking with a house move in a couple years so i may be forced to pick my favourite…which is already impossible.

I’m really looking forward to getting to know the car and the club!

Thanks all!

Karl

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I’m Karl and live in Guildford, Surrey and very recently had my dream come true of finally owning a Lotus Esprit!

I’m originally from Norfolk and went to the factory a couple times as a kid and still remember the later Esprit models sat there. I was given a colouring in book from Lotus and I always dreamt of finally owning one and now I do.

She’s a 1994 S4 in Azure Blue with cream interior and is drop dead gorgeous. I bought from a great dealer who has done a lovely job recommissioning the car after a respray and has dealt with a couple niggles under warranty which just shows why it’s vital you buy from someone reputable.

I am lucky enough to also have a 1986 Rover SD1 Vitesse Twin Plenum that I have done lots of work on having pulled the engine out but after 5 years of major works on and off, I’m adamant the Lotus is to be driven and polished…not to be tinkered with as she’s almost perfect and if there’s a problem, she’ll be going to a garage and make sure she’s fixed by a pro…although I’m not a car novice so small little jobs I may still do but only if they’re easy!

I don’t think I can keep both cars so the clock is ticking with a house move in a couple years so i may be forced to pick my favourite…which is already impossible.

I’m really looking forward to getting to know the car and the club!

Thanks all!

Karl
Welcome to LT Karl! Post some photos of your Esprits over in Esprit section for us when you get a chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm Lance. I'm not a new member per se (April 2020) but I've not posted before and am hoping to sell my 2004 Lotus Elise so I'm working on those ten posts... My Lotus is dark emerald green with black interior. She was going to be a touring car on a private track in Chicago but the wife didn't enjoy tracking like her husband had hoped (it was supposed to be her car) so he sold the car to me. The car spent quite a bit of time running around on a D tag per the prior owner. Low miles at just over 12K. I love the car dearly as it was my dream car but I have a daughter in college and one soon on the way as well. During my ownership she's been my Sunday driver. My wife and I drive to neighboring towns with the top off. I can see why there are these forums dedicated to these cars. I would certainly keep this one if I could. My Elise is licensed in Vermont. Not sure if anyone else has done that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been reading these forums for the last few months and finally joined :) Thank for all the shared words of wisdom. Like all of you I have an ever-growing love of cars and motorsports. I currently track a BRZ which I'm actively looking to replace with an Elise.
Best,

Deepak

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm Lance. I'm not a new member per se (April 2020) but I've not posted before and am hoping to sell my 2004 Lotus Elise so I'm working on those ten posts... My Lotus is dark emerald green with black interior. She was going to be a touring car on a private track in Chicago but the wife didn't enjoy tracking like her husband had hoped (it was supposed to be her car) so he sold the car to me. The car spent quite a bit of time running around on a D tag per the prior owner. Low miles at just over 12K. I love the car dearly as it was my dream car but I have a daughter in college and one soon on the way as well. During my ownership she's been my Sunday driver. My wife and I drive to neighboring towns with the top off. I can see why there are these forums dedicated to these cars. I would certainly keep this one if I could. My Elise is licensed in Vermont. Not sure if anyone else has done that?
Welcome to LT Lance. Once you get your ten posts you might want to place a FS in the Marketplace.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
I've been reading these forums for the last few months and finally joined :) Thank for all the shared words of wisdom. Like all of you I have an ever-growing love of cars and motorsports. I currently track a BRZ which I'm actively looking to replace with an Elise.
Best,

Deepak
Welcome to LT Deepak! There are others on here who migrated from BRZ as well. Once you got three days and ten posts you may want to place a WTB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Moby from Boston! I have been lurking for several months since putting my deposit down, and really appreciate the community and all the knowledge here!

This will be my first Lotus. I have had a long history of modded cars (B8 S4, Model 3 Performance, XC90 :)), and if you're in the Boston area you may have seen me at Lars Anderson lawn events or Cars & Coffee. I think my only mod for this one will be PPF!

Eager to contribute to the discussion!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Welcome to LT Moby!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I've been lurking these forms for a couple years but I'm now seriously looking at purchasing an Elise so I figured it would be a great time to join. I currently track a BRZ and it's been quite fun but I'm looking for a bit more. I'm located in the Toronto area of Canada, but from looking at listings it seems more and more likely I'll be finding one in the USA. If anyone's brought one over from the USA to Canada I'd love to hear how your experience was. Also feel free to reach out if you're selling in Canada. Cheers!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Welcome to LT! If you search a bit you'll find some threads dealing with purchasing Lotus in Canada and importing into Canada here. Once you have three days and ten posts you might want to place a WTB.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
new guy looking for an elise
Welcome to LT! Once you have three days and ten posts you'll be able to enter the Marketplace as well as send/receive PM's. GLWS!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, I’m Rick.

I’m here to learn all about the Emira. Like every enthusiast I ever met, I’m shopping for my next daily GT car.
so far I’m interested in:
base 718 Cayman PDK Sport Chrono Bose GT wheel add Ohlins
base C8 vert add electric dampers
Mk8 Golf R
22 RS3
TTRS
AMG Emira (if the Evora had a DCT, I’d consider those too)
currently drive a 17 base TT with tons of go fast mods.
Cheers

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hello, I’m Rick.

I’m here to learn all about the Emira. Like every enthusiast I ever met, I’m shopping for my next daily GT car.
so far I’m interested in:
base 718 Cayman PDK Sport Chrono Bose GT wheel add Ohlins
base C8 vert add electric dampers
Mk8 Golf R
22 RS3
TTRS
AMG Emira (if the Evora had a DCT, I’d consider those too)
currently drive a 17 base TT with tons of go fast mods.
Cheers
Welcome to LT Rick!

Reactions: lion shf
1321 - 1340 of 1376 Posts