The Lotus Cars Community banner
1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hello, I'm David and I live in France next to a lotus garage and I make some decorations on lotus
Welcome to LT David!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hello Lotus talk members and fellow lotus owners
I just purchased my first lotus a week ago 2005 Elise (white color) and completely love it . It is a drivers car and visceral . Amazing machine and looks stunning. Excited to be part of this community
Welcome to LT! Congrats on your new Elise any photos?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,

Currently drive a 2016 Mustang GT350, and before that a 2003 350Z. My experience with Lotus is limited mostly to a car that turns into a submarine as well as the great excitement about the Elise coming to the USA back in the day. Was thinking of getting one, but at the time my 350Z was still quite new and I loved that car and never took the plunge.

Now that I have had the Mustang for a few years and my kids are a bit older, I'm interested in getting back into a smaller car (don't plan on getting rid of the GT350 though). The new Nissan Z has my attention, as does the Corvette C8 Z06 (but I am a manual nutcase, and have a hard time getting an automatic, even in a car that is sure to be as amazing as the new Z06). Of course the Boxster/Cayman GTS 4.0 is of interest, but after the personality of the GT350 I'm not sure I'm interested in something is competent but sterile as those Porsche's. A friend (who has an Elise) was reminding me of the Emira that should be arriving in a year or so, and after looking at some photos I'm very excited to see what reviewers and the Lotus community thinks of the car.

Looking forward to learning more.

Photo of Z and GT350 attached.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Thanks,
-T

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Welcome to LT!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hey its been 7 days and 12 posts and I can't reply to the marketplace?
What error are you getting? It takes an hour after first attempt for system to process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All new members please post an introduction in the New Member Introduction forum,
All new members please post an introduction in the New Member Introduction forum,
I'm a new member. My name is KK and I live in Chicago. I currently own a Polar Blue 2005 Elise with a Vision Function Stage 2 Supercharger and a 1991 Miata with a LS1, T56, Ford 8.8. My brother lives in Northern Ca. and he is looking for a Lotus. Have Lotus will travel

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
I'm a new member. My name is KK and I live in Chicago. I currently own a Polar Blue 2005 Elise with a Vision Function Stage 2 Supercharger and a 1991 Miata with a LS1, T56, Ford 8.8. My brother lives in Northern Ca. and he is looking for a Lotus. Have Lotus will travel
Welcome to LT KK!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts

·
Registered
08 Arctic Silver Elise SC
6 Posts
Hello everyone. Just got my first Lotus last week. 2008 Arctic Silver SC. Thrilled to finally have one in the garage, can't believe I waited this long! I'm in NH these days, so a much shorter season of clean and clear roads to enjoy, but so far, so good!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hello everyone. Just got my first Lotus last week. 2008 Arctic Silver SC. Thrilled to finally have one in the garage, can't believe I waited this long! I'm in NH these days, so a much shorter season of clean and clear roads to enjoy, but so far, so good!
Welcome to LT! Congrats on your Elise purchase! Do you plan on driving year round or put it up for the winter?

·
Registered
08 Arctic Silver Elise SC
6 Posts
Welcome to LT! Congrats on your Elise purchase! Do you plan on driving year round or put it up for the winter?
Catsailr27, sadly I’ll be putting the Elise up for the winter. There’s so much salt used on the roads up here, I just can’t stomach putting the car through it.

Curious how many are driving theirs in this kind of climate?

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Catsailr27, sadly I’ll be putting the Elise up for the winter. There’s so much salt used on the roads up here, I just can’t stomach putting the car through it.

Curious how many are driving theirs in this kind of climate?
My LSS will be going back on with Conti DWS-06 for the cold. The car stays in conditioned garage so still on summer tires but days are getting colder. I drive if it's nice out all winter if the car isn't in pieces.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
1 Posts
hi all. joined the board recently after picking up a lotus evora gt (loving it). thank you all for the great posts. i have the carbon pack and as you know it's impossible to see out back so i got the idea from the forum to install a digital rearview mirror/cam. working out beautifully. sean...

·
Registered
18 Posts
LT, I joined this week. I’m looking to make a purchase of a DD/HDPE. I was 9 when I had my first Lotus experience, it was in London in 1987, when I watched a father looking at an Esprit and at the same time a matching pedal car for his son. I’m finally to the point in life where I can pursue a Lotus of my own. I’m going to race through my 10 posts, and desperately wait the 3 days, unless someone can let @Enotria know I’m interested. I’m in Maryland.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2 Posts
Hey all, I'm Andea from Atlanta, GA. I have a 2005 Bordeaux Red Pearl Lotus Elise and a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. (I believe this Bordeaux Red Pearl color was only offered in 2005 and only 205 imported?) The Lotus is our Sunday driver... low miles, only 16K. We are the original owners of this amazing car. Love our Lotus, but sadly I think we may be selling her in the near future so I am working on the ten posts. Wish I had known about this group and joined sooner. Anyway, glad to be part of the LT community.

1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts