The Lotus Cars Community banner
1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
LT, I joined this week. I’m looking to make a purchase of a DD/HDPE. I was 9 when I had my first Lotus experience, it was in London in 1987, when I watched a father looking at an Esprit and at the same time a matching pedal car for his son. I’m finally to the point in life where I can pursue a Lotus of my own. I’m going to race through my 10 posts, and desperately wait the 3 days, unless someone can let @Enotria know I’m interested. I’m in Maryland.
Welcome to LT! Just another day and some posts and you'll be able to PM. LT highly suggests not posting personal info due to scammers/spammer online. GLWS!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hey all, I'm Andea from Atlanta, GA. I have a 2005 Bordeaux Red Pearl Lotus Elise and a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. (I believe this Bordeaux Red Pearl color was only offered in 2005 and only 205 imported?) The Lotus is our Sunday driver... low miles, only 16K. We are the original owners of this amazing car. Love our Lotus, but sadly I think we may be selling her in the near future so I am working on the ten posts. Wish I had known about this group and joined sooner. Anyway, glad to be part of the LT community.
Welcome to LT Andrea! Yes it's a shame you didn't discover LT sooner it's a very informative site for owners. Once you get your ten posts and three days you'll be able to post a WTB. You should do your due diligence for your upcoming ad such as current market prices here and on BaT. Prices have changed a bit since you got yours more than likely.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Tracking the issues with scams and spams, figured MD and a 34 year old story were anonymous enough.
You're ok just giving heads up we've had a few others antsy as well and were providing info. We've seen uptick in spammer/scammer last few weeks and it was more of a heads up. GLWS!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
hi all. joined the board recently after picking up a lotus evora gt (loving it). thank you all for the great posts. i have the carbon pack and as you know it's impossible to see out back so i got the idea from the forum to install a digital rearview mirror/cam. working out beautifully. sean...
Welcome to LT! Congratulations on your GT purchase!

·
Registered
Bordeaux Red Pearl 2005 Elise
60 Posts
Hey all, I'm Andea from Atlanta, GA. I have a 2005 Bordeaux Red Pearl Lotus Elise and a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. (I believe this Bordeaux Red Pearl color was only offered in 2005 and only 205 imported?)
Aye, 205 in Bordeaux Red Pearl, 96 with Biscuit interior. It's a very nice color combination.
Welcome, and perhaps keep the Elise and stay more active here? (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone. I'm an avid autocrosser and have always been a fan of nimble, lightweight cars. I currently have a project car Toyota Celica GTS (2ZZge engine like the contemporary Elise). I mostly joined this forum looking for 2ZZ performance info and parts (lightweight flywheel, clutch, intake manifold, headers, ECU tuning options, etc). I'm in central Texas. There are parts listed for sale I'm interested in but it looks like I have to make a bunch of posts on here before I'm allowed to even reach out to the sellers.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hi Everyone. I'm an avid autocrosser and have always been a fan of nimble, lightweight cars. I currently have a project car Toyota Celica GTS (2ZZge engine like the contemporary Elise). I mostly joined this forum looking for 2ZZ performance info and parts (lightweight flywheel, clutch, intake manifold, headers, ECU tuning options, etc). I'm in central Texas. There are parts listed for sale I'm interested in but it looks like I have to make a bunch of posts on here before I'm allowed to even reach out to the sellers.
Welcome to LT! Like all VS forums we have a 10 post three day rule to PM and enter the Marketplace. The Marketplace is a perk for members since we're not a online classified. Plenty of great threads on 2zz performance mods here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone! Former Cayman owner and looking to get into Lotus as last hurrah before being forced to buy an electric car in the not too distant future! Right now I'm thinking of picking up a 12-14 Evora or Evora S.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Hi everyone! Former Cayman owner and looking to get into Lotus as last hurrah before being forced to buy an electric car in the not too distant future! Right now I'm thinking of picking up a 12-14 Evora or Evora S.
Welcome to LT! You may want to place a WTB in the Marketplace. GLWS!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name is Scott. I race cars here in Alaska. From a 97 Toyota Celica GT4 (awd) to an Mr2 to a 93 caged Toyota truck on ice, they all hit all sorts of surfaces. Nothing is off limits. A Lotus is next on the list after acquiring an MR2. What a hoot! Naturally, I became interested in an Elise next. I even picked up a 2zz- SC Elise drivetrain to put in my 2005 MR2. Currently contemplating if that will happen or if I'll just sell it and get an Elise!

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Welcome to LT Scott!

·
Registered
3 Posts
All new members please post an introduction in the New Member Introduction forum,
All new members please post an introduction in the New Member Introduction forum,
New to this forum, but not to cars. Retired Navel Flight Officer. Last Lotus I drove was a Europa and still remember the exhilarating feeling(y)(y)(y)(y)(y). Looking for a s1 NA to begin building up track time. Looking forward to meeting every one. In talking top a few folks this community reminds be of the days when you purchased you car to drive, not to IMPRESS.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
New to this forum, but not to cars. Retired Navel Flight Officer. Last Lotus I drove was a Europa and still remember the exhilarating feeling(y)(y)(y)(y)(y). Looking for a s1 NA to begin building up track time. Looking forward to meeting every one. In talking top a few folks this community reminds be of the days when you purchased you car to drive, not to IMPRESS.
Welcome to LT Grummpy! Once you've been a member three days and have ten posts you might want to place a WTB in the Marketplace for what you're looking for.

·
Registered
21 Evora GT (incoming)
2 Posts
Greetings to the members of the Lotus forum
i am new to the brand finalizing purchase of a 21 Evora GT
Will post pics when she arrives
was smitten during a test drive at the Porsche dealership they had a 2017 410 sport GP JPS.
My wife and i own mostly German cars
2015 Porsche Targa4 S Techart. 1997 993 C4S wife 2017 718 Boxster S
2019 BMW M5.
I have been introduced to other brands when my porsche dealer played the 40 k and up ADM game in 2018 and again now for a 991.2 /992 GT3 touring.
learned and bought a 2017 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S and couldn’t be happier
and now the lotus is on her way. Don’t know if I will ever be allowed to buy a gt3 at msrp and don’t feel very sad about that
thr lotus purchase experience has been great MSRP during this pandemic is unheard of then my jaw slackened when I was informed of a 5k rebate as a Lotus Conquest
wow!

been reading and learning a great deal from this forum thanks for letting me join
can’t wait to have the evora GT home

1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts