The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So MINI finally releases this model....! I am a big fan of MINI who owns/owned MINI Countryman and R53 Cooper S but this one just doesn't look right to me. Opinions? :bow:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an R56 Cooper S JCW for my daily driver. The coupe is ugly IMO. I can't get over the looks of the roof or how the ride height looks too shortened.

·
Registered
99 Posts
it looks cool but for some reason i think it looks a baseball :)
I think it looks more like a baseball cap than a ball.

I really liked the concept of this car when I first heard about it, so I am hopping when I start to see more of them around that the looks grow on me.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it looks more like a baseball cap than a ball.

I really liked the concept of this car when I first heard about it, so I am hopping when I start to see more of them around that the looks grow on me.
see what you mean ;) more like a AC Milan cap LOL

yeah once I see them running around i'd probably change my mind :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I recall reading the specs that it's surprisingly heavy and underpowered.

mind you I love MINI and came to my Lotus from a built R53.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
same here. i think the new one non s model has 120 HP and s model has 181. i think it's about 2600~2800 lbs
I recall reading the specs that it's surprisingly heavy and underpowered.

mind you I love MINI and came to my Lotus from a built R53.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
To be more specific, it looks like a BACKWARDS baseball cap. Like a frat boy.
The designer stated that seeing his boy wearing a baseball hat turned backwards was his inspiration. Makes sense.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The back end looks a little busy somehow, but overall, I like the shape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2600-2800 lbs?! Is that the best they could do? I was hoping for a much lighter car since a lot of utility would be given up with this thing.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think it's ugly.. big mini fan (never owned one) but this car does nothing for me..... I just keep asking why.....

my wife's step dad has been talking about the car for over a year.... he loves it & states he will sell his cooper for this car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've always been a fan of ugly , my garage floor still has the oil soaked memories of the crossfire and Aztec ,

It's ugly but a good ugly .

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
isnt it pretty much exactly the same car as the other minis? Why give up the utility for no weight benefit

1 - 20 of 24 Posts