The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

We have a few members with Elise's and Exige's and am trying to get more Lotus' involved.

The Lamborghini Club of Chicago as well as our WI group will be doing a combined drive to dinner at the Lodge at Geneva Ridge on July 12, 2008. We are all meeting at Steinhafel's Hwy. 50 & I-94, 7001 120th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53142

Currently we have 50 cars and are expecting a total of 100 (or a little over). It would be great to get more Elises and Exiges involved in the ride.

If you are interested, please feel free to send me a PM or send me a email to Joel at [email protected]

I hope that you decide to participate.

Best Regards,

Joel G

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Come on out folks!- we know you're out there! My Elise is lonely.
I will email LotusCorps, maybe that will bring a few in.

And Evo - Vipers are welcome

FWIW - Snake road is crumbling and not much fun.
I will be leaving the pack for a bit to hit Back and South roads.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
What time is everyone meeting at Steinhaffels? I don't know if I want to join the drive in the Evo or STI, but it sounds like it might be a good group of cars to stop by and check out.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Please be sure to email Joel if you plan to attend dinner as he needs a head count.

Hello everyone -
Event #4 for this year is two weeks away - July 12, 2008 Jason's Auto Spa Cruise to Lake Geneva. This year, we will be going to the newly renovated Lodge at Geneva Ridge ( LGR_splashpage). We will be having dinner at the Lakeview Grille, with dinner service from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. The dinner will be a prime rib buffet @ $28 plus gratuity and beverages. We will all be parking together in reserved parking in the west lot of the hotel. A couple of quick items:
• Please respond to this email if you will be attending and how many people will be having dinner. I need to get a head count for dinner by July 5, 2008.
• We will be meeting at Steinhafel's Parking Lot at 2:00 PM on July 12, 2008. The address is listed directly below:
o Steinhafel's Hwy. 50 & I-94, 7001 120th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53142. Please mapquest your directions to The Lodge At Geneva Ridge W4240 State Road 50 Lake Geneva, Wisconsin 53147.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the help John.

This is a very fun event. I am hosting it with the Lamborghini Club of Chicago. I hope that you all decide to participate. We will be meeting at Steinhafel's at 2:00 PM and departing at 2:20 PM so we can make it to dinner by 3:00 PM. It is 28 miles from Steinhafel's to The Lodge at Geneva Ridge.

I hope that you all decide to participate. It is a blast. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Josh - Got your email and emailed you back.

Have a nice holiday weekend.

Joel G
1996 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
2002 LG Motorsports Z06
2006 Z06

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way - For those coming from IL, I am arranging a caravan to Steinhafels's with the Lamborghini Club. I will need your emails to send you those specifics, so when you email me, please be sure to include that you are coming from IL so I can send you the location that everyohne is meeting at to caravan to Steinhafel's in Kenosha.

Thank you,

Joel G

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like a good time. I am local and am considering an Elise purchase. I have a dedicated track car that is a lowly 200sx however I would like to join if I am welcome. I need to spend some quality time around some Elise's to help narrow down my purchase choices ;)

For those Interested I have a few roads that are not too far out of the way on the way to Lake Geneva that are very fun to drive and would be happy to lead a detour through these areas as they are just off of highway 50 on the way to Lake Geneva.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wes - Of course you are welcome to join. Please send me an email at [email protected] as well so I can mark you down.

Best Regards,

Joel G

Sounds like a good time. I am local and am considering an Elise purchase. I have a dedicated track car that is a lowly 200sx however I would like to join if I am welcome. I need to spend some quality time around some Elise's to help narrow down my purchase choices ;)

For those Interested I have a few roads that are not too far out of the way on the way to Lake Geneva that are very fun to drive and would be happy to lead a detour through these areas as they are just off of highway 50 on the way to Lake Geneva.

·
Registered
361 Posts
interesting, I may come out for this.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yes we went. You can see a few pics here: LCA Chicago Event Photo Gallery
We got all spread out trying to get out of Steinhafel's due to heavy traffic. We had people on South road when some were still at Steinhafel's. We had 4 Lotuses - 2 Elises and 2 Exiges. All in all we had 75 cars show up.

I'm the guy in the middle in the back with a blue shirt and a kid with a yellow shirt behind me.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
good find on the picture, it was a fun event

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes we went. You can see a few pics here: LCA Chicago Event Photo Gallery
We got all spread out trying to get out of Steinhafel's due to heavy traffic. We had people on South road when some were still at Steinhafel's. We had 4 Lotuses - 2 Elises and 2 Exiges. All in all we had 75 cars show up.

I'm the guy in the middle in the back with a blue shirt and a kid with a yellow shirt behind me.
Looks like a good time for sure. SOrry I missed it. I wish I could have made it as I could have helped every one avoid highway 50 and brought you through some GREAT back roads all while on the way to Lake Geneva. Perhaps next time if there is one!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
We had some back road cruises planned but time made us cut them out. We've had some really good ones in the past. The one to Kelly's Bleachers in Wind Lake comes to mind.
What roads did you have in mind? Back Road, Knob Road, South Road......???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts