The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a la esprit from the "44k" thread...keep it up,i can almost feel myself moving up the list...not that i want an elise it's so tiny etc.

mwahahahaha

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
When I visited Silver Star today to look at the Saffron Yellow car in their showroom, I was struck immediately by how tiny the car looked. However, since it basically is the same size as a Miata (give or take a few inches in each dimension), I believe that I can handle it.

Warning: the car is tiny. If you have never driven a small car, this car definitely probably might not be for you. Get out while you can. Drop you deposit immediately. Others on the waiting list will thank you and you will be immeasurably happier with your S2000 (or whatever flavor of nice, but not great, car you prefer). Take the money you save to pay for the therapy that you will need when you realize how much fun others are having with their Elises.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
size doesn't matter

my last three cars: miata, boxster, cooper s. the elise feels perfect. test drove an fx45, felt like a winnebago. my boss's 996 turbo feels like a maxima. can't consider elise a small car - i see it as a big, safe triumph daytona or ducati monster. that's the real competition for the elise - euro sport bikes. think of it that way, seems very practical. of course i live in miami - bikes a legit daily transport.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Exactly. If you think the Elise is too small, your current car (or truck) is too damn big. :) As the world runs out of oil, America is going to be forced to drive small, fuel efficient cars (like the rest of the world is already doing). Get with the 21st century!

·
Registered
238 Posts
And to add on....anyone thinking the Elise is to small....I got a nice slightly modified 350z track for sale....JK
-Mike

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I don't think the Elise is too small, but I'm definitely rethinking my decision to buy a Lotus and checking out other options for other reasons.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I've been lucky to own a Lotus7 clone for 4 years. It replaced a Corrado in the garage and for several months my heart would skip when I walked into the garage and the bulk you sense in a dark garage with a regular car was missing. "Gawd! it's been stolen!" flashes across my mind.
A se7en is dwarfed by all else and makes the Elise look "regular sized".

I grew up in Europe so i'm inclined to think that the domestics, especially the performance/sports domestics, are too large and the Overhangs over the wheelbase are gross.
(i did prefer the smaller greenhouse to metal ratio after a while though.)

m.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Too small, no way! I am 6'-4" and I love the size of my Seven and the Elise. By the way I drove the demo car at LOA yesterday and had no issues whats so ever getting in and out, it was easier than my Europa was. Although I have to admit the Seven with the top on is a chore, who cares though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a Europa as well and I agree, it is more difficult to climb in and out of than the Elise. Plus, the Elise feels a bit more solid and "safe". I think the Europa is a touch lower too...less headroom than the Elise. I can't wait to park them next to each other to compare.

·
Registered
52 Posts
6'4" and you got in and out OK? I don't know what what you do for a living, but you might want to call Cirque du
Soleil for some part-time work:D

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I so don't understand why that dude posted that thread here. It was just a dumbass troll. It's on par with posting pictures of naked men on a Playboy board. Why not just say "HEY YOUR CAR SUCKS!" Idiot.

As my one friend puts it: "Some kids are dumb kids"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts