The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kinda specific to one dealer and area, but who on here is the last delivery from Valenti in CT? I am going to give them a call and see where things are and judge that against my finances to make sure I am on target. I am supposed to be 17 and I was last told that their allocation was going to be 20 this year. Is that still accurate from what people on here know?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There's been threads on Valenti's allocation but I didn't have time to search for them. Last we figured they were only going to get 14 by the end of the year and then 3 per month after that. So I would figure you're a late January delivery. Ridgeman was due to get his car in November I think and I believe Steve just got his. Can you guys chime in?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I picked mine up last Wednesday, I was #8. Don't have any further information though. A good guess for you at # 17 would be March(???). Steve

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Back when I had a deposit over at Valenti, they were claiming to be in line for 6-8 cars a month starting 10-1-04. Now it's 3 per month after 1-1-05!?!?! My info was from the late July time period. Maybe things changed...

·
Registered
446 Posts
oh boy...

You guys have got to be kidding me... PLEASE tell me you did not hear that low allocation trickle of deliveries from Bill. Last I spoke to him, in August, I think I had moved down the list a few spots but was still looking at a spring delivery. If what you are saying is true, that puts me in August/September (my original estimated delivery time was the end of the year - 2004 that is, not 2005).

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Bill Reudgen recently told me that he
was expecting the last of the 'first wave' cars (#9) by 'end-Oct.' He had still not been told anything different from the originally expected 19 cars by year's end but I would assume a Nov. build date would be required to accomplish that.My #12, as well as #14 is being built in Nov. but if additional ones are, those holding #'s over 14 would have to chime in, stating they also are getting a Nov.
build. CEO English did mention needing to add another month of time to the originally stated expectations for car's due in by year's end. That might mean Valenti's #19 won't be in until 'end Jan' instead of 'end Dec'. As far as after that, we can only hope John English' s recent mention that 'overall' 2,200 cars expected over the first 12 months will be met by Lotus.
If true, more car's than 3 per month from Jan. onward could be possible.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
CEO English did mention needing to add another month of time to the originally stated expectations for car's due in by year's end.
That's funny. If that was true then my car should have been here the first week in October.:p HA!!! (Not meant to be offensive)

I was orignally #25 and now may be #24. I'm not expecting my car until April 2005 at the earliest and am really expecting it to arrive in May.

Come on, there has to be other Valenti customers out there who can chime in. Who else is on the list?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Info From Bill

I flew out to CT and test drove the demo in August and that is my last info from Bill. At that time he was thinking that the 20 he believes he is going to get in 2004 meant that they would all start being built in 2004. He didn't think that he would have them all here and delivered until the begining of 2005. At 17 he was telling me to expect at best a late Dec but more likely a late Jan delivery.

At this point I am fine with not getting delivery until 2005. Having to pick up the car in CT (and currently living in Denver) I am not looking forward to taking delivery and trying to transport the car when the snow is flying. Besides there are not a lot of driving opportunity for a roadster during Dec and Jan. Perfect would be getting delivery in the first week or two of March, but I am not that lucky. I would hate to have it, pay for it, be tempted to drive it, but just end up sitting in the car while parked in the garage like a 4 yr old making engine and tire squealing noises.

Thanks for the update on deliveries.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Disappointed

I can't believe we're the only Valenti customers on this site! What's up with that?:confused::confused: Even if you don't have any information, add a post. Let us know you're out there.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Miguel bought an off-list car from them...so he's a customer. It's been some time though..not sure it's gotten to him yet.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I tried to get a list of Valenti customers here a while back, and had very few responses as well ... As best I can tell, they have delivered 9 cars now, including their demo that they sold. But I guess that I'm the only one on this Board that is driving a Valenti car???

Oh yea, Miguel didn't you buy Bill's personal car, BRG over red? Did you get it yet?

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm also on the list at valenti. At the time I put down a deposit (2/25/04) I was #42. At some point after that I test drove the rover car. I was told the same 20 car thing back then before the allocations became a factor. It was one of the shortest lists going at the time, however I think I speak for many when I say "if I knew then what I know now about allocations......" it would have been a different story. I haven't called Bill to ask about anything as it is obvious from this board that I've certainly got an awful long time to wait. I did get a call though when the other car was available for over list:rolleyes: but not to drive the demo they quickly sold:confused: I don't really care at all about the delivery as much as being assured I'm going to get THIS car, and not the upcoming rubber baby buggy bumpered car. At this delivery rate, and still not even having been asked to spec out what I want, I'm beginning to wonder.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Cary,

If you figure 14 this year and 3 per mnth after that then you should see your car in October 05. I think that puts you inside the cut over. Good luck and thanks for chiming in.

Anyone else out there on the Valenti list? Come on, just a post

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm on the list #35, didn't receive any calls offering cars at over list, and for all you above me on the list, you can take heart that I'll be dropping off as soon as I get a VIN from princeton. :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Evl said:
I'm on the list #35, didn't receive any calls offering cars at over list, and for all you above me on the list, you can take heart that I'll be dropping off as soon as I get a VIN from princeton. :)

#31 (me) and #32 dropped off the list also.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Back in November of '04' I signed on
with Valenti because they had the
lowest, by far, available reservation # in
the country. (Had e-mailed all dealers).
No one had any inkling as to allocations
at that time but my reasoning was that
even if Valenti was 'allocation' rated below other dealers, my #13 (later
upgraded by Bill Reudgen to #12),
would not be overly affected, based on
the sheer low-ness of the res.# received.
I repeated this evaluation on both of the
current chat-sites and others had a
chance (last Nov.) to secure a res. # in
the teens at Valenti which would secure
a vehicle for them approximately 13 months after the date of their deposit.
Going forward after last Nov./Dec. was
a 'crap-shoot' concerning where the
fastest deliveries would come from. Last
November it wasn't one!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
REVIEW

Well, I think that's the issue that surprised us all the most. But, as they say, hindsight is always 20/20.

But let's see. We have:
06 - Scott => Just Landed
08 - Steve (got it!!!)
12 - Ridgemanron
17 - CO_NYer
23 - JAC
24 - ME
31 - nxm150 => off list
32 - Cranium => off list
35 - EVL
39 - Coulthardfan
42 - Cary
62 - Stan

Who else is out there????

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I was number 62 with a quoted expected delivery time of around early Summer 2005. I doubt that they will get their 62nd Elise by June or July.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts