The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All--

Well, after a year of drooling over photos, pondering over color combinations, wrestling with the finances and waiting for the right used Elise to pop-up somewhere... I finally pulled the trigger last week.

I've been a member here for a while, and I wanted to thank everyone for helping to educate me about the Elise. This site has been such an invaluable resource in my quest for knowledge on the car.

Anyway-- the car I am getting is an '06, with about 8400 miles, Canyon Red Metallic with Black interior, Touring, Starshield, and Hardtop. Exactly the car I wanted!

I was hooked on getting Black on Black, but the Canyon Red began to work it's magic on me in various photos I've seen, and eventually won me over. Besides, when I showed some folks the black ones I was considering, more than one person replied "wow, it looks like the Batmobile"-- an analogy I didn't really like. I still love the all black ones... but I'm happy I went with CRM.

Right now, I am waiting for the trucking company to pick her up in CA for her long journey to me in NJ. I have to wait two weeks unfortunately before she will arrive.

I was hoping you guys could answer another question; I have a bunch of photos of the car, and in a few it looks like the tires are pretty worn. The guy I am buying it from says he doesn't think they need to be replaced, but I'd like to get some opinions as to whether they look like I will need a new set. Here are the pics of the rear tires:

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
re: your Touring Tires.

I think they have some life. But not a lot and I would be more careful with those tires, specially in low grip conditions.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Welcome and congrats on buying a beautiful car. The car has ADO7s that usually last about 15,000 miles or so depending on how hard they are driven. The rears always will wear out first. From you pics (blurry) they look like they're just hitting the wear bars. So you should be OK for awhile. Just careful in the rain.

cheers,

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats! Just looking at the photos, I would say that you have a couple 32nds until you hit the wear bars. If you keep it to normal/spirited street driving, those rears will last you a few to several thousand more miles. If you have an open diff, you'll likely find that the passenger side wears a bit more than the driver's side due to the bias of the open diff (spirited driving scenario). Keep your pressures regulated and take some extra care in areas that have standing water, either after a rain or during, and you should be fine.

Congrats again, and beautiful color choice!

- Allen.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Well done on getting your Lotus! :clap:

...and good luck on that 2 week wait. I'm in CA and bought a Miata last year in Florida and didn't have the patience to wait for two weeks. I jumped on a plane two days after I bought it and drove it back. I have very little self-control and I want it when I want it...and then HAVE to have it. :D

- z

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Congrats! My story was pretty much the same, I joined the forum in Sept 06 and spent lots of time of lurking and learning. After selling my RX-8 for a more exciting weekend car I started looking for about 6 months, mostly for an 05. In Nov 07 over a year later I ended up finding a steal on a 06 Canyon Red as well thanks to a very generous forum member that gave me a great deal and now I'm a happy owner.

·
Registered
96 Posts
very cool congrats =) ( i am 4 months away from turning in my 350z and picking up a elise)
Please keep us updated towards how you like it

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the warm welcome fellas.... much appreciated. I'm thrilled to be part of the Elise community.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
You have 1797 miles left on your tires. But as Randy said, I wouldn't push them ! :D

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Welcome... woohoo.gif

·
Registered
95 Posts
Me too!

I'm happy for you.

I bought my used 05 in June of 07 with 9,000 miles on it.

It has been a very reliable daily driver here in Seattle.

I recently had to put new tires on at 15,000 miles. Got Goodyear F1's and they are great in the rain. :shift:

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats! You have the best color IMHO. I may be biased.:shrug:

Make sure to post pics. Here's a pic to help with the wait until she arrives.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Always good to have another Elise here (even if it is New Jersey). Welcome, and enjoy.

·
Registered
617 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts