The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What horsepower and exhaust sound increase modifications could be installed onto the 2020 Evora GT that won't effectively void out the general Lotus warranty?
The 3rd decat delete and titanium exhaust system does very little to increase sound. Various chip installations that guarantee 60-100 more HP seem not to work efficiently and Lotus said that installing such an item is unacceptable. So, what legal mods, if any, could be used? Thanks, John...

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I think many GT owners would argue about the benefits of 3rd cat delete. Other than that zero is allowed.

Reactions: TJBNJ

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
3rd cat is a no brainer. It all depends on whether your car is well sorted by now and you give a shi! about the TP its printed on. How damn loud do you want it! Titanium exhaust is definitely crisper, not worth the cost IMHO.Big issue is intakes. I have heard few warranty issues with an exhaust. Easy enough to swap in 30 minutes if your dealer is a prick about it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is just how it goes. If you want to have a unique car including the power, you have to accept the risks.

So far I am 42,000 miles on 460HP and there are a bunch of track days and aggressive driving in the mix.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT - Epsom green/Zest yellow/Carbon pack
123 Posts
Dealer told me anything after the headers is fair game. No tune, no cold air intake but a dry flow filter is ok

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I cannot imagine my local Lotus dealer selling me a exhaust and then telling me they aren't going to work on my car due to warranty issues. They are a Larini reseller. I had the Larini decat and exhaust sold and installed by them. I never had a concern on warranty.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I cannot imagine my local Lotus dealer selling me a exhaust and then telling me they aren't going to work on my car due to warranty issues. They are a Larini reseller. I had the Larini decat and exhaust sold and installed by them. I never had a concern on warranty.
Much will depend on the dealer and who at Lotus is reading about mods here on LT.......

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea as stated above legally depends on the state you are in. Here in ohio I can do pretty much whatever I want and it’s legal. The republic of California I think even a exhaust can cause legal issues.

warranty wise as stated behind the headers and you should be OK. In he rest of the world there is no we’d cat, so I wouldn’t expect a warranty to be voided if the 3rd cat was removed. Even a new muffler shouldn’t be a issue, lotus offered standard and ti so “should” be fine. But as stated really depends in the dealership.

myself, I am not to worried about the warranty, I am almost half way through it with 1 new window regulator being replaced and I need to go back for a new window and possibly headlights. I just don’t have the funds to add headers, tune etc.. which I will do one of these days.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Depends on your state/county. No issues here in WI, I can do whatever I want to my cars in terms of performance as many others can too.
Florida is another state that gives 0 Fs. I see cars down there that the cops would put directly on a flatbed in MA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was the
Was the Larini exhaust worth it? The titanium exhaust isn't much different in sound. Is this a better choice?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts