The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
While I agree with Chris, I also think its harder for some of us to do this. When we first put down our deposit we flew down, met everyone etc...but in the passing year and a half we rarely had time to go to Atlanta to say hello. Also we didnt call the dealership very often because we didnt want to be pests. We didnt call on purpose, trying to be curteous.

We lucked out with Lotus of Atlanta because its a great dealership and would do the right thing no matter what.

I cant say that I think that its the deposit holders fault for not going to the dealer to say hello or calling alot.

I think its crazy if someone can walk into the dealer and if their son watched gran tourismo and can talk about the car/charm the salesman means that she gets to turn them down like she's the queen of England. I bet I know what dealer it was too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
BRP on Ebay sold privately, I think the dealer in Denver bought it, Buy it now price was $49,250...spec'd out list was $45,100...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I might just pick up and S2000 for 2 years and get a used elise, I sold my 2001 S2000 earlier this year but resale for 2004s seems really low, I think many Elise buyers sold their S2000 to make way for the Elise flooding the used S2000 market, not to mention that there are now five model years available.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jenn,
Don't know that it's really necessary to go in person, a call from time to time serves the same purpose. It's always worked well for me in any delayed transactions. Just once a month just to say hi, etc. Certainly can't hurt.

I still maintain it's harder for a dealer to screw you if he knows you. just my .02 cents

Chris

21 - 25 of 25 Posts