The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right folks they raced at LRP today. The car is stunnig, handling like a Lotus, just needs HP! We all need to get behind this team and see things thru!!! Townsend Bell and Bill Sweedler are the drivers! As you know, Alex Job raing is a big time team!!
I am working on getting the address to get team apparel as its wicked sharp!!

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Car looked great on Speed channel coverage. Glad it stayed out of trouble and wasn't clipped by the prototype boys.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
~Started 22ns, finished 18th overall, 10th in class (out of 11) but only 4 laps down. Considering the infancy of the programming finishing is key as they did at Lemans last year.
They need another 50-75 HP to remove the straightline speed of the big dogs and they don't think they'll get that out of the Toyota lump.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
they told me they were already near 470 hp...NA out of that motor is insane, but when the corvettes and 458s are pushing 560-570 they're way down.

Great car, friendly team with loads of talent. I watch them relatively closely and wish them all the luck.

I saw on facebook they finally have apparrel for sale-I hope that they start selling it on their website soon as I'd love to pick some up. Hopefully someone from the team can chime in here because I know they peruse the site..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good to see you guys getting behind the car. I'm one if the sponsors, Schecter guitars. The car is surely a work in progress but we are all committed to it and believe we are getting really close. In classic lotus form braking and handling are impeccable but yea you are right we are down on power.

Few more races and we should be able to squeeze a bit more out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good to see you guys getting behind the car. I'm one if the sponsors, Schecter guitars. The car is surely a work in progress but we are all committed to it and believe we are getting really close. In classic lotus form braking and handling are impeccable but yea you are right we are down on power.

Few more races and we should be able to squeeze a bit more out.
Awesome. Appreciate you investing in such a program.

For those that don't know Alex Job Racing, do some research. They have worked closely with Porsche Motorsport in the past as an unofficial factory team and their list of accomplishments is extremely impressive. Alex and Holly are class acts and their team builds a fine race car.

I was excited to hear it was they that were going to be supporting this car in the ALMS.

Read more here: Alex Job Racing

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I love this car - I drive the "slow" version daily :) I Would love to see it in person but living in Oklahoma City means I won't be near it ... ever lol.

Looking forward to hearing more good news about more finishes.

--J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts