The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALMS weekend at Road America August 16-18. We'll be camping with an Elise and Exige just east of the Johnsonville Bridge. Anyone else coming?

We're planning to have a huge outdoor projection big screen for evening racing movies :shift:, Forza 4 :nanner2:, and Top Gear :UK:.
Bring a lawn chair, popcorn :popcorn:, and adult beverage of choice :drool: and join us...:up:

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im almost certain ill be going as well
It will be nice to meet you. Give me a PM heads-up and we'll connect with cell phone contacts.

BTW, welcome to the Wisconsin Lotus community. I'm in the Stevens Point area with an Elise, and my son has an Exige in Oak Creek. By my unofficial count, there are at least four "new" Lotus owners in the Milwaukee area in the last three months.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
awesome! we will certainly have to meet up if i end up making it out to the ALMS event this year

i'm hoping to meet a lot of the WI owners in the near future (or any lotus owner for that matter)

ill be keeping tabs on this forum in the mean time

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The drive from Chicago is only about 2.5 hours for this world class event. I know most of you guys are afraid of grizzly bears and rampaging moose once you leave the safety of suburban Chicago, but you really should consider! :D

We'll save a few cold beers for anyone with a Lotus! If you want to overnight without camping, several affordable hotels can be found within a 30 mile radius.

https://www.roadamerica.com/

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
as of yesterday my ticket connection came through so ill be there, but only for the main saturday event

ill be driving up early though so hopefully i can meet up with some fellow lotus people at the track... but im more than willing to caravan with anyone coming from south of the milwaukee area

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Sounds good Mat!

BTW... In case you guys are unaware, the Lotus Evora GTE will be racing in the GT class! It would be cool to have a Lotus crowd cheering them on! Oh and I'm pretty sure you could buy some Lotus swag if you are into that sort of thing...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
i uploaded my pics... forgive me as i don't have an expensive camera.

ALMS 2012 @ Road America

ill have a few more once my friends upload there's

oh yeah, & thanks to the guys @ AJR & Ed from ALMS for giving me this oportunity...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts