The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....or even for those of us that don't ride. I thought it was an interesting if not thought provoking exercise :D

HelloQuizzy.com: The Motorcycle Personality Test

Take it :) I'll post my results later. (I'm just glad I ended up on a sportbike!)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Yamaha YZF R1
You scored 8 moxie, 11 zeal, and 0 pomp!
...which is interesting, because my knees and hips will not tolerate that seating position for more than about 30 minutes. Even my last VFR left me hobbling in pain after two hours. What I really want is some sort of supermotard setup. But then again, I seem to want a lot of things.

I think I should start looking for a job.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Ducati 996
You scored 7 moxie, 9 zeal, and 8 pomp!

But what I really want is the Ducati 848!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Harley 883 Sportster
4 moxie, 5 zeal, and -1 pomp

ORLY?!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sooo not ready for a literbike.... but per the test...

You scored 10 on moxie, higher than 90% of your peers.
You scored 15 on zeal, higher than 99% of your peers.
You scored -2 on pomp, higher than 7% of your peers.

You're addicted to speed, but have the knowledge and experience to match. Although you like to win, you don't really care so much about competing with others as much as competing with yourself.

Your bike is the Yamaha YZF R1. Given how easily the rear wheel on this beast spins up coming out of turns, it is fortunate that you constantly work to improve your skills. (I've seen more R1s crash at track days than any other bike.)

It was a close decision with the Suzuki GSXR1000, but your personality seemed a bit more R1-ish. (But hey, I could be wrong. Its only a silly test.)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...which is interesting, because my knees and hips will not tolerate that seating position for more than about 30 minutes. Even my last VFR left me hobbling in pain after two hours. What I really want is some sort of supermotard setup. But then again, I seem to want a lot of things.

I think I should start looking for a job.
LOL!!!! It's more a question of psychological "ergonomics" than of physical ergonomics then, eh?

Very cool. I suspect we'll see similar "R1 personalities" out of a few other folks... I'm thinking Tim ("no such thing as Touring wheels"), xtn (IIRC), moto44, and a few others will be R1 pilots per the test.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
LOL!!!! It's more a question of psychological "ergonomics" than of physical ergonomics then, eh?
Don't forget 'marital ergonomics' too. She's fine with my motorcycle habit, but she's also well aware that if I go and get one, then it's road trip time. It makes it really hard to look for a job when you're clearly not doing any of the looking part.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ LOL!!!!! [email protected]! Well whilst you're biding your time, why not get a fun job? Or will the fun job produce a resultant "resume hole" in your chosen field.

You could say get into... motorcycle sales? :p

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vespa? LOL! No worries, doesn't that company (Piaggio) also own Aprilia and Moto Guzzi---all hope is not lost :p

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Ducati 996
You scored 13 moxie, 6 zeal, and 7 pomp!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ducati 996 for me.

The summary nailed my personality perfectly. Weird.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts