The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this unit far to complicated. Does anybody know if you can buy an adapter to convert the Ipod lead that comes in the car to a Aux in type lead?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I hate this unit far to complicated. Does anybody know if you can buy an adapter to convert the Ipod lead that comes in the car to a Aux in type lead?
So you have an 07... assuming it is the stock radio, I think there ARE auxilary leads in addition to the iPod one.

Have you had the radio out to look at the back yet? If not, send me an e-mail and ask me to post a picture. I have one in my living room right now and can snap a shot if you need one.

Do you have the book? I am sure it would say in there. The radio is both XM and HD ready, menaing you need the little receivers to hook into the headunit. Me thinks you could run all 3 if you wanted...

Dave

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you have an 07... assuming it is the stock radio, I think there ARE auxilary leads in addition to the iPod one.

Have you had the radio out to look at the back yet? If not, send me an e-mail and ask me to post a picture. I have one in my living room right now and can snap a shot if you need one.

Do you have the book? I am sure it would say in there. The radio is both XM and HD ready, meaning you need the little receivers to hook into the headunit. Me thinks you could run all 3 if you wanted...

Dave
Thanks Dave

So far today I have spent 2 hrs trying to work out how this DAM thing works. I;m getting there it is the Alpine unit. I have figured out a way to get it to have a Aux input lead. $80.00 from the local Audio dealer, $7.99 on ebay, Um........!:huh:

Terry

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alpine AUX in

I think I am correct in assuming that the Alpine audio model number: CDA-9856 is an upgraded unit fitted when the touring pack option is chosen?

As you know it has the IPod connector, however I don’t have an IPod but do want to connect my Nokia phone/MP3 player to the unit via an AUX plug which it doesn’t have. I have obtained the correct lead AI-NET connector from EBay.

What I need to know is:

How difficult is it to remove the unit
Do I need to disconnect the IPod connector from the back of the unit in order for the AUX to work?
Does the IPod connector go into another socket?

Has anybody done this mod?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Easy to remove, slide 2 removal keys down side of unit, many photos of this online...

edit- actually you can use both if ipod is hooked up using the correct cable and not the ai-net port...when I removed mine, it was hooked up with adapter to the ai-net port and not using the direct connect for the ipod....ill post manual in a minute...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easy to remove, slide 2 removal keys down side of unit, many photos of this online...

edit- actually you can use both if ipod is hooked up using the correct cable and not the ai-net port...when I removed mine, it was hooked up with adapter to the ai-net port and not using the direct connect for the ipod....ill post manual in a minute...
Thanks I will have a go at it today, dont understand why they never fiitted it from new.

Cheers
Terry:wave:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Has anyone been able to succesfully connect an regular audio input into this Alpine deck? I have a portable satellite radio that I would like to plug in to this radio. Can anyone tell me what kind of plug I would need?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts