The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your 9856 automatically come on when you start your car?

I just bought one on ebay and it isn't coming on when I start the car. Also the CD player is not working, it just says Reading then ERROR...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My 9856 does come on automatically when I turn the ignition on, PROVIDED that I didn't turn it off before I last turned the car off.

If you turn the unit off by using the "Source/Power" button, then you need to push this again to turn it on. If you just turn the car off with the unit on, it will come back on when you restart the car.

Don't know about the "Error" message on the CD. Never had that one.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool. I got another HU that I'm going to plug in tonight. I figured out that the switched power and the constant power wires were backwards even though the colors were matching, it was way the lotus/blaupunkt harness was different then the alpine to 01 passat harness.

My question now is, if your car is off and the keys are not in it can you still turn on the radio? with my old blaupunkt I could, with this one I cant, the key has to be turned to the first accessory point.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ok cool. I got another HU that I'm going to plug in tonight. I figured out that the switched power and the constant power wires were backwards even though the colors were matching, it was way the lotus/blaupunkt harness was different then the alpine to 01 passat harness.

My question now is, if your car is off and the keys are not in it can you still turn on the radio? with my old blaupunkt I could, with this one I cant, the key has to be turned to the first accessory point.
You're right about the wires being backwards. I explained this little problem in my write-up on the Alpine Install here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f133/wiring-harness-alpine-install-pics-33752/

You cannot turn on the radio unless the keys are in the car and the ignition is turned on. Don't have to have the engine running, but at least the IGN on.

I suppose you could reconfigure the wiring to be able to turn the unit on without the keys, but I haven't done that.

Good luck.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts