The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at adding a head unit with CarPlay and retain all OEM functionality like rear view camera and mic. I figured easiest thing is to get whatever the Evora GT has stock but then I found the iLX-W650, and it is a grand cheaper. There are a few minor differences, with the main one it not having built in navigation. But who cares? Has anyone installed the ILX-W650 and can give a review? I found some threads about people buying this unit but have not seen much info on it.
Product Font Material property Screenshot Software

·
Registered
2017 evora 400 manual
29 Posts
I have the ilx 107 in my 400…. That’s the older version of the one you are looking at. It works fine and connect easily to my iPhone ( wireless or via cable). It’s easy to use.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
@Frenchfrog I think he's asking about install, specifically the wiring.

Did you install yourself? Did the "OEM" connector plug into the new alpine, or did you have to crimp/solder things together as is typical of a stereo installation

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
1,240 Posts
It should just plug in. You can pull the manual for both and compare, but pretty much any Alpine will plug in, especially the higher end ones like these with the 2 plugs.

Reactions: stroem

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes I just installed this unit like 3-4 weeks ago in my 14 S. It is completely 100% plug and play in every way possible (except navigation antenna, of course) and every single thing works perfectly. It was a super easy install and the larger screen size and flushness (no buttons) looks SO much better.

if you have any questions about install just let me know.

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
260 Posts
Works with no issue, its plug and play, but i did have to use the wiring harness that came with the unit to get the backup camera to work properly. Again its all plug and play. The screen was very tight fitting on the plastic surround. But it will fit.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
Red 2018 Evora 400
74 Posts
Did you see this for sale post?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you see this for sale post?
Missed this. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really easy install and seems very responsive. It seems easier to use than what came in my 400. I just need to trim the trim ring a bit as it is just too snug and download a new flash screen.

I thought my backup camera was broken as all I saw was white, but then I realized it is all condensation, I have never seen so much condensation in the exhaust. The car has been sitting unused for a month or so in a 45 degree garage.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh, I'm pissed now. Apparently this is the only Alpine where you can't change the splash screen. It recognizes and displays the image but won't let you set it as the flash screen.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts