The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

In my new 2011 Evora I found the clove compartment (by accident) :rolleyes: and a connection for an ipod. I connected my ipod but noticed there is not an ipod option on the menu screen. I see USB and Auxillary on the menu and tried both of those without success. Any suggestions on how to operate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hello,

In my new 2011 Evora I found the clove compartment (by accident) :rolleyes: and a connection for an ipod. I connected my ipod but noticed there is not an ipod option on the menu screen. I see USB and Auxillary on the menu and tried both of those without success. Any suggestions on how to operate?

Thanks!
When you plug in the iPod, the USB option changes to iPod. If it isn't changing, then something is wrong... the most likely problem is that the cable has become disconnected from the head unit. Another possibility is that you are using an unsupported model of iPod, but that that's not very likely.

Another thing to try is rebooting the iPod by holding down the menu button and the power button until the screen goes blank. I often have to do that in order to get video to play on the Alpine's screen.

Tony

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony, I guess I will pop the unit out to see if it is disconnected. Anyone know how to do? I assume I have to remove the trim piece around the unit for starters. How is it attached? All thoughts/guidance welcome!

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
My iPhone 4 would not connect this way, but the 4S will. 4S connects per Bluetooth automatically, 4 was an inconsistent aggravation. Sometime would, often not easily.
So maybe it is this type of iPod?

I'd try that before getting into the head unit.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do fasttoys. I will give that a try. Do you know how I get to the advanced settings menu?

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Will do fasttoys. I will give that a try. Do you know how I get to the advanced settings menu?
Capture.JPG

Actually, engine does not need to be running, or runnung. Key needs to be on though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys. I was able to get to the advanced setup menu, but still no luck. In the source setup menu "USB" isn't even in the menu - just DVD, BT and one other (can't remember). I tried with my Ipod plugged in and still nothing. My guess is the cable is not connected. Honestly, not worth it to me at this point to try and pull the trim piece off...or have the lotus shop do it.

If anyone thinks I'm missing something obvious, please let me know.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow-up question to my previous note. Does the factory install these Alpine units or is is added once the cars are in the U.S.?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Follow-up question to my previous note. Does the factory install these Alpine units or is is added once the cars are in the U.S.?
My Evora came with what appeared to be a quality-control form regarding the installation of the Alpine system. It had some other company's heading on it, not Lotus. I don't recall the details and I don't have it at hand right now. I can answer that the factory did not install the Alpine in my 2010 Evora, but I don't know if was installed before or after my Evora came to the USA. :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies all.

I took to the service center yesterday and they concluded that the cable is likely not connected to the head unit. They will tackle when they replace my cracked mirror trim piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts