The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, the Alpine nav system in my 2014 can't seem to connect to the satellites and show my location. If I tap the spinning globe it shows a whole list of satellites with decent signal but it's not connecting. I can't find anything about this in the owner's manual for the head unit. Do I need to reset the head unit somehow, or check the physical antenna connection, or...? Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Its happened to my stock Alpine once or twice over the years. Especially after sitting in the garage for a long period of time (over winter). I reboot it using a paperclip and the small reboot button on the lower right corner of the unit. Mine is an INA W900.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reset button did the trick. It's behind the removable button block on the later Alpine head unit. I don't know why i made a thread for this... :rolleyes:

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Actually, this has been useful for me. Mine has been intermittent. If it doesn't want to receive satellites, I get a single beep from the unit as I am starting off. I'll give it a rest/time out and it works again. I thought it might be an intermittent contact from the antenna but I think the reset trick might work for me as well.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Hey Siri, please look up!

Reactions: roarf
1 - 5 of 5 Posts