The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short - I had to jump my evora - everything works, but the Alpine seems dead, it wont turn on at all. Any thoughts?

I mean I was looking for an excuse to put in a new head unit . . . .

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's likely in some sort of anti-theft protection mode or blew a fuse. I'm sure there are better audiphiles in here than me, though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
long story short - I had to jump my evora - everything works, but the Alpine seems dead, it wont turn on at all. Any thoughts?
I'll ask the obvious question first.

Did you try the PRP? (paperclip reset procedure?)

According to the operating instructions, you have to reset the Alpine every time you disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
255 Posts

I mean I was looking for an excuse to put in a new head unit . . . .

This happened to me. Check the fuse

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll ask the obvious question first.

Did you try the PRP? (paperclip reset procedure?)

According to the operating instructions, you have to reset the Alpine every time you disconnect the battery.
yes i did. It still doesnt work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This happened to me. Check the fuse
I am having the same issue with my W900 after the battery was charged. Which fuse did you check? I looked at a diagram I found online (C6 under the passenger floor) and the fuse looked good, I went ahead and replaced it anyways.

I also saw in the alpine manual where it mentions fuses that are on the line running from the stereo to the battery. Although, I can't seem to find these.

I will take it to the dealer next week, but I would much rather fix this myself if there are any other suggestions?

·
Registered
488 Posts
it is IVA-W505
Is that the blackbird unit with the portable gps unit inside? I had a problem with mine, and the dealer traced it to a dead battery inside the portable unit itself. They just took it out of the head unit and gave it to me. Somehow that solved the problem. I'm so happy I'm getting the new 2014 in a couple days. Maybe the stereo will actually work.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Is that the blackbird unit with the portable gps unit inside? ...I'm so happy I'm getting the new 2014 in a couple days. Maybe the stereo will actually work.
The 2014's have the Alpine 920, I believe. I had that installed in my car and it was a vast improvement. I've been very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The 2014's have the Alpine 920, I believe. I had that installed in my car and it was a vast improvement. I've been very happy with it.
I also replaced my 505 Alpine with the new W927HD last year. It is way better in every way than the old unit.
Ron:clap:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes . . . epically better (is that a word?). My only complaint so far is the warning sign on the reverse camera that takes up the most important real estate on the video screen. Otherwise, just a massive improvement over the 505.

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Hey guys - any suggestions for this one: Alpine unit INA-W900, nav works fine, but the radio doesn't work. I took it to a local Alpine dealer and they couldn't even get the unit out of its housing. Said they'd have to take apart the whole dash, and wouldn't do it. Any ideas? I'd really rather not have to take it to San Francisco (250 miles away). If I can get the thing out, they'll just pop a new one in, but it's stuck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts