The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to proximity to exhaust? There is an aftermarket alternator I read about which is lighter, turns slower, and is mounted farther from the exhaust.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
L8BRAKR said:
For what?
The alternator shouldn't be anywhere near the exhaust on the Fed car
Thanks. I didn't know the engine/accesories had different layout. This reflects S1 and S2 differences or just the Fed edition?

Excuse the ignorance. :eek: :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm not sure but believe the rover engines exhaust manifold exits the front of the engine with the intake coming in the back.

The Toyota however exits the rear of the engine which I suspect is the leading factor in going with the center-up exhaust. I like this set up for efficiency and heat management of the engine, but the fact you might be able to cook your dinner in the trunk on your way home from the store is yet to be decided.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Prolene said:
Thanks. I didn't know the engine/accesories had different layout. This reflects S1 and S2 differences or just the Fed edition?

Excuse the ignorance. :eek: :)
The alternator is pretty easy to cook on the rover powered cars (ie. the S1/S2 sold until now).

AFAIK nobody outside lotus has been allowed to poke around a toyota engined elise yet... wait and see!

Craigy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts