1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks to me like "standard" door sills for a regular car. Not an Elise where the door sill also doubles as an arm rest. It would look strange stuck on the stock wide/long black plastic.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am pretty sure these things sit where the door overhangs the body. So see them when you open the car door.

-Whit

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I ordered them thru my dealership right after I got the car .
After they showed up the guy at the dealership and I tried for about 20 minutes to figure out where those covers could possibly be installed...:shrug:
I ended up returning them because they pretty much fit nowhere.
They are way too small to go on top of the plastic sill cover (which is where I thought they were intended to go)...

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I don't get it... what are they for? To remind people that it's a Lotus? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I have a set of these. When sitting inn the car, look for the trim piece that serves to hold the top of the carpet. There is a section of aluminum ~2 inches wide where you can place these. Just center them on the door. Really don't protect any sills but they do look sharp inside IMHO.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have a set of these. When sitting inn the car, look for the trim piece that serves to hold the top of the carpet. There is a section of aluminum ~2 inches wide where you can place these. Just center them on the door. Really don't protect any sills but they do look sharp inside IMHO.
picture?:shrug:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
the trim piece that serves to hold the top of the carpet.
Top of the carpet?

Oh...

You assume that everyone has the Touring Package... :shrug:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am about 90% sure that this is where they go. Here is a rough photoshop. BTW, i have no clue as to whose car this is with the leather sills. Nice.

-Whit

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Just a minor nit to pick...

The ACBC "logo" (as pictured in the ebay ad) without the rest of the logo is not the Lotus logo. It needs the shapes around it to go with it... :shrug:

·
Registered
570 Posts
More interesting would be modification to expose the chassis rail on the "arm rest". That would definately remind me that I'm driving a Lotus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts