The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale, a brand new Aluminum Header tank for Lotus Esprit Turbo with Intercoolers. Its nicely made of high quality aluminum and craftmanship.

I bought it few months ago and it hasn't been used yet.

I'm down in Florida and I will shipped it through Priority 3 day mail anywhere in the USA. I take Paypal.

JG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Price?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belmont111, these tanks are made to be exact replicas of the OEM ones, even the sensor locations are all the same. The only difference is that they're made of Aluminum instead of regular steel.

Make no mistake, these tanks are without a doubt a great upgrade even if you have good set of stock ones. Because given the age of the oem ones it's very likely they are starting to rust from the inside out and because they are powder coated they don't really show it. So they will even look okay from the outside and they're not. The worst is that you will have all of these rust pieces-flakes running through your cooling system and accumulating in your radiator...

When I took my engine apart I found a "bunch" of metal debris (close to a half a pound), inside my coolant jackets inside the Block. This is what made me realize that prob most Esprit users are not aware of this problem until these headers are literally falling apart in their finger tips when they check the coolant level and they are tighten their tank Caps.

I said it before and I say it again, I paid more for these tanks, and I waited few weeks for them (overseas shipping). Make these yours for less money and you don't even have to sit down and wait for them like i did!

JG

·
Registered
332 Posts
Who manufactures these tanks?

Up for sale, a brand new Aluminum Header tank for Lotus Esprit Turbo with Intercoolers. Its nicely made of high quality aluminum and craftmanship.

I bought it few months ago and it hasn't been used yet.

I'm down in Florida and I will shipped it through Priority 3 day mail anywhere in the USA. I take Paypal.

JG
These tanks are really nice. Are they still made?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty much sure they are. Unfortunately I sold mine already. Go to the link above or Google Aluminum Header Tank Esprit and you will find. Good luck!

JG

·
Registered
332 Posts
Header tank replacement availabilty

I'm pretty much sure they are. Unfortunately I sold mine already. Go to the link above or Google Aluminum Header Tank Esprit and you will find. Good luck!

JG
MyEspritGT,

Thanks for the information. I haven't inspected my powder coated original
tanks yet. But I'm afraid I'll find some rust.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anytime. I'm glad I can help. By the way I had a bunch of rust inside my engine when I took it apart. You should do an inspection, just to be safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts